"The healthy supermarket." Market chain offering choices in fresh local and organic produce, salad and hot food bar, bulk staple, vegan-friendly items, and other natural grocery. more-less

First Review by goethe3
HealthNut27
HealthNut27
  • raw

I make a weekly trip!

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2011

Earth Fare has the best organic produce in town at what I consider a reasonable price. I enjoy my weekly visit and also appreciate the 10% student/military discount they offer!

Pros: Fresh Produce, Friendly, helpful staff, Stock hard to find items
Cons: On the other side of town, Can be overpriced on specialty items
willow54sunset
willow54sunset

Great store!

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2010

Since I became vegan, I have been shopping mostly at health food stores. Of the ones in this area, Earth Fare is by far the best. Their selection of organic food to choose from is very good. About the only thing they don't carry is "Better Than Milk" (powdered soy milk). And their prices are consistently lower than the grocery chains. I love this store! But please note that I do not normally eat there, I just buy groceries.

Pros: Friendly staff, Low prices, Good selection of foods
goethe3
goethe3

Meat, meat everywhere!

3 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2008

Earth Fare in Columbia is going through a change. The have meat products everywhere and it feels as if the veg people are slowly being turned away. We ordered some "Very Veggie" sandwhiches the other day and the deli person seemed annoyed that we interrupted his "Chicken Salad Sandwhich" making for the grab-n-go section. We looked down and all the grab-n-go sandwhiches were meat, and later the clerk came back and said he couldn't make us a "Very Veggie" sandwhich because they didn'y have avacadoes. As we left without food, we saw avacadoes aplenty in the front of the store.

We went back that evening and ordered "Very Veggie Sandwhiches" and this clerk made them. When we asked for fruit with sandwhich, the clerk told us that the new manager was changing things and did not offer fruit anymore. I mentioned how much more meat-based the store has become and the clerk said that a lot of things are changing at the store. I took that response to mean bad times ahead for veg heads.

Our local Earth Fare seems to be becoming like Bi-Lo, but with high prices. That is unfortunate because it was suc a great store when it firts opened.

Pros: Organic food, Natural Produce, Veg Items
Cons: Meat everywhere, Vegan items shrinking away, Losing touch with Veg-shopping base

Dear Owner and Manager of Earth Fare: