Earth Fare - Charlotte Ball...

"The healthy supermarket." Market chain offering choices in fresh local and organic produce, salad and hot food bar, bulk staple, vegan-friendly items, and other natural grocery. more-less
12235 N Community House Rd
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277
704-926-1201

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by MadP
Chocky
Chocky

Great bulk section and produce

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2013

This is our favorite grocery store in Charlotte. We like that it is somewhat local (out of Asheville), and it has a good bulk section and great produce. We do 90 percent of our grocery shopping here. The deli has several very good vegetarian sections, and the prepared foods section always gives me ideas for vegetarian dishes to try at home. The bakery also has great bread -- a lot is baked in the store -- and muffins.

Pros: Extensive bulk selection, Very clean, Well-stocked produce section
Cons: Pricey, Wish there were more local items
greenhexi
greenhexi

Wide selection, also for vegans

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

Huge selection of produce though I would like more regional indication (e.g. miles, like another chain does). Spacious. Would like vegan option also with the ready-made food or the bakery.

navski
navski

Great grocery store

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2009

Earth Fare is a great chain and the Charlotte store is one of the nicer ones I've been to. Big and bright and full of options. Beautiful produce, all the grocery items you could want, lots of gourmet and specialty items, bulk foods, and lots of vegetarian and vegan prepared food items. It can be a bit hard to find, as it's located in a residential complex.

Pros: fresh produce, full vegan grocery , vegan meals
Cons: tricky location

OceanDeep
OceanDeep

Its like a Produce Art Gallery

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2009

When I first walked into Earth Fare I was struck by the beauty of the produce. I am not trying to be funny it looked so perfect, bright, bruise free, and perfectly organized (it really made me wonder why people genetically modify food or spray paint it if you can grow it so beautifully organically). The rest of the store was no different, the staff really work to make sure everything is clean and organized and beautiful. I probably stayed in there for 2 or more hours. I also ate at their deli. It was a little bit too bland for my tastes, I like very flavorful foods.

Earth Fare is the kind of store you can take your time in because it has a very welcoming, clean, homely atmosphere. Lots of testers to try things out before you buy, and a food samples too. I read they also have free lessons and activities as well though I have not participated as of you. Its truly a little community on its own rather than a mere grocery store.

Pros: Beautiful atmosphere, produce, products, Excellent staff in every dept., Fully featured community market
Cons: Tad expensive, Not centrally located
redheadgo
redheadgo

A good choice

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2009

I know Earth Fare has taken a hit since the Trader Joe's opened, however we still shop there for some staple items and they seem to be doing okay.

They pretty much sell anything you can get at a grocery store (including meats, cheese, deli, etc.) however with a bent on the healthy side. They do not sell foods with high fructose corn syrup, trans fat, artificial colors, sweetners, etc. They also do not sell meats or dairy from animals treated inhumanely, which really makes me feel good about shopping there.

We love the mock-chicken salad in the deli and also shop there for a lot of Fantastic Foods products, Tofurkey and frozen items, Luna/Odwalla Bars, teas and vitamins. Staff is very friendly and food is very high quality. Only downside is their pricing can be a bit high, but nothing over the top. Is located off Johnston Rd. on Community House, very close the I-485 exit. They also have several locations in the Triad.

Pros: Location, Great Selection, Store Philosophy
Cons: Pricing on some items
MadP
MadP
  • raw

Excellent Addition to the Community

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2008

I love this store! They have an amazing selection and they even carry fun holistic personal products, even DivaCups!

I had a remarkable experience with the bakery, the manager Jamil was very sweet and helpful. I had no problems with an order I placed and was really pleased with the service.

I host a raw food meetup group and they were extremely helpful in helping me to set up a potluck there. They seem to truly care about the community and engaging more Charlotteans in healthy activities and eating.

All in all, I wouldn't say this is the perfect health food store, just a way better, more conscientious, and health minded grocery store.

Pros: Excellent Staff, Variety, Wonderful Produce
Cons: A tad pricy comparitively, Need more locations