"The healthy supermarket." Market chain offering choices in fresh local and organic produce, salad and hot food bar, bulk staple, vegan-friendly items, and other natural grocery. Open daily. more-less
74 Folly Road Blvd (S Windemere Shopping Ctr)
Charleston, South Carolina 29407
843-769-4800

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by chandadefoor
grace lorraine
grace lorraine

New Manager

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

Today I dropped in and while looking around, asked an employee for help--turns out he has just "taken over" the store. I'm not certain whose idea it was, but I noticed a broader selection of vegan products in the "specialty" cooler at the front of the store. (It's just between the produce department and the water machine for reverse osmosis/de-ionized H2O.) Tim said they had recently repositioned some items there, to simplify locating them. "Awesome!" I said, "As a vegan advocate, it will make it much easier for new vegans to experience a variety of these 'convenience' foods if they are all in the same area." :) It also saves me the trouble of seeing animal products while getting cream "cheese" and soyrizo. :)

I wanted to leave our conversation on that positive note, but i do have a couple of concerns about Earthfare....
The juice bar unfortunately does not use exclusively organic produce--according to the couple different employees I've asked. And although they provided a check box to Exclude advertisements of animal products in their emails to me, three or four appeared, celebrating a sale on something I find offensive..... (My solution was to unsubscribe to their announcements.)

On the other hand, the cafeteria area IS "home" of the Charleston vegan Meetup group's monthly potluck dinner. (First Wednesdays, 7 pm, at the time of this review.)

Pros: Good selection , Helpful staff, Rewards program
Cons: Expensive , Sells animal products
spyderchild
spyderchild

im happy

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

most excellent source for gluten free meatless choices

chandadefoor
chandadefoor

You Saved Us

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2007

This Earth Fare saved us... My husband and I went to Charleston last year. We're vegan, and we ended up eating every meal from Earth Fare. Thank you!

Dear Owner and Manager of Earth Fare - Charleston: