Earth Fare - Centerville

"The healthy supermarket." Market chain offering choices in fresh local and organic produce, salad and hot food bar, bulk staple, bakery, vegan-friendly items, and other natural grocery. more-less
101 E Alex Bell Rd Ste 176
Centerville, Ohio 45459
937-436-3556

Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by claytoaj
claytoaj
claytoaj

Convenient location - friendly, helpful staff!

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

This location recently opened very near me, making it a convenient alternative to Whole Foods, where I usually shop. Overall, I've found that things tend to be a little pricier and a little more select at Earth Fare, but it's a really nice, open, friendly atmosphere inside. In particular I was impressed by the - well, I guess I'll call it a deli counter for lack of a better description. Over on the left side of the store is a glass case encasing various foodstuffs such as Soy Delight's version of buffalo "chicken", Thai chili nuggets, and a sesame nugget with lo mein. They're all really good, and the staff is very nice and willing to let you try everything. I was just checking the store out, the first time I went, and the lady behind the counter surprised me with sample after sample. They carry a decent number of vegan staples (Earth Balance butter, several different kinds of dairy-alternative milks and creamers, Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese), as well as fresh (and local) produce. Like Whole Foods, they have bulk bins (and barrels, interestingly, which are not quite as easy to handle) with many of the same sort of items. Over all, it will be a very useful store to have on hand :)

Pros: Convenient location, Helpful staff, Carries some vegan staples
Cons: No real identification of vegan items, A little pricier than Whole Foods

Dear Owner and Manager of Earth Fare - Centerville: