Earth Bistro

Serves meat, veg options available. Pizzeria offering vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free choices. Lots of pizzas plus salads and build-your-own sandwich or burger. Has vegan cheese. No microwave or frozen food (besides frozen desserts). Art displayed on walls. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Pizza, American, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Rockrchk87
Navegante
Navegante

The BEST vegan pizza I've had ever.

4 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

This place was great. They have the most delicious vegan pizza I've every tasted. I asked what kind of cheese they were using, and they told me 'follow your heart' mozzarella. It was SOOOO good! We also tried the vegan stuffed mushrooms, and they were also delicious. I wish I would have taken some photos, but the food was so good we ate it without even thinking of snapping a few. Restaurant is in the same shopping plaza as Trader Joe's.

Pros: BEST vegan pizza, Multiple vegan options listed on menu
Azbigmike
Azbigmike

great vegan pizza

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

We ordered a custom gluten free vegan pizza loaded with veggies and was great.
Only downside was pretty pricey cause had to pay per veggie but still was really good

zross
zross

Enjoyable

3 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2013

I visited Earth Bistro last month after recently converting to a vegan lifestyle.

The place is same but it has artwork on the walls and is very intimate. Reminds me of places I would visit while in college.

It took the waiter a LONG time (10 mins) to come take our drink orders and take our food order. It took even longer for them to bring the food out (20 minutes).

A couple of female employees who were obviously dating were sitting at the bar having a meal and were all over each other. This is extremely unprofessional in my opinion. I appreciate young love but not at your place of employment. It was so excessive that it was a distraction.

Once we FINALLY got our food I enjoyed it. Ordered the vegan pizza with vegan chicken. Lots of flavor! I have also ordered their vegan brownie before and it is super good and super Chocolatey! Which I love!!!!

Pros: Lots of Vegan Options, Great Food, Artistic Environment
Cons: Long Wait, Small Dining Area, Unprofessional Staff Members
  • careababee careababee

Hi! thank you for your post! I am the owner of Earth Bistro (formerly pizza fusion). We were the owners of Pizza fusion as well but that was corporate so we separated from them. Im sorry if your service was slow when you came in. We have a lot of take out orders and catering orders too and can get quite busy in there! Especially on weekends it can be very busy. We make everything to order and we make our own breads, dough etc. Nothing is frozen...we don't even have a freezer. So it can take a bit longer for our food to come out compared to other restaurants. A lot of restaurants just open a bag of chopped veggies...we do all this prep on site. I am very sorry about the employees at the counter! OMG! LOL! that was an issue for us trying to get them to realize its completely inappropriate. Those employees no longer work there and we are working hard to enforce this policy. I'm really glad you enjoyed the food once is arrived though! Thank you so much for choosing to dine with us. Best to you and yours.

veganandorganic
veganandorganic

Great Vegan Options

4 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2012

Not a lot of choices for healthy, organic, vegan restaurant options in Temecula but Earth Bistro is one of the few with something special. The Daiya stuffed mushrooms are a grea appetizer and I really like the gluten free farmers market pizza with the non-soy Daiya cheese.

Pros: a Vegan pizza, friendly staff, organic ingredients
KatieB
KatieB

Very Friendly and Accomodating

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

I was served by a lovely person named Katy, who was very nice and quick to help point out vegan options on the menu. There were several vegan options and things that could be easily converted. She told me that she had just had the stuffed mushrooms and suggested them to go with my pizza. Both were delicious. The cookies were very flat/crispy, so I wonder if they saw the previous "doughy" comment someone left and tried to improve them. I would prefer doughy to flat and crispy, but hey, I'm super happy they're vegan! I'll definitely be back!

erninu
erninu

Nice Options

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2011

I am a long time vegan who recently ate here with my omni boyfriend and mother. We were all very happy with what we had. The vegan pizza (with melted Daiya cheese) was quite tasty. I also got an order of cookies but they were a little too doughy for my tastes. The service was great and the atmosphere was comfortable. I will definitely be back.

Pros: Good Selection, Quality Food, Helpful Staff
Katie L.
Katie L.

Like the food but hate the atmosphere

1 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2011

It's too bad that a place that offers gluten-free vegan pizza (one of the few in this area!) has such poor service and a waiter with atrocious hygiene. I'm having a hard time looking beyond the unpleasant smell wafting off our waiter to dwell on the fact that the food was actually pretty good.

But, of course, I haven't had real cheese since February, so I might be a bad judge for dairy lovers. My husband and mother shared a pineapple pepperoni pizza that they seemed to enjoy but both of them left their sodas nearly untouched. What can I say? They're Pepsi/Coke people. But that isn't Earth Bistro's fault.

What is their fault? Not requiring their employees to shower on a daily basis. My husband's eyes literally watered whenever our waiter came around -- which, at first, wasn't very often I'm afraid. We waited a good fifteen minutes in the tiny dining room waiting for our drink orders to be taken. It was as though our waiter couldn't manage to do more than one thing at a time. When he did bring the drinks, his fingertips were all over the mouths of the glasses and it was all I could do but shudder. My husband looked at me quite seriously and said, "It's as though he doesn't know how to wipe properly."

I'll pause here for you to gain control of your gag reflex.

Anyway, in the end, we've decided we like the food but hate the atmosphere. If I could get a guarantee that our waiter wasn't involved in handling the pizzas at all, I'd get carry-out in the future.

But, until then, the only tip we have for our foul odored friend is this: Use soap.

Pros: Alright Food
Cons: Smelly/Non Clean Workers, Dirty Bathrooms, Bad Employee Hygeine
jamber79
jamber79

cool place

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2011

They have very good pizza and salads. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant. Most of the servers are very friendly. Love that they have whole grain crust. They have vegan chicken as a topping, but i'd prefer veg pepperoni or canadian bacon. Wish the prices were a little lower. I'm happy to have a vegan choice in Temecula, since there are so few of them.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 28, 2009

deetsgooch
deetsgooch

Good Pizza

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2010

Nice crisp crust and delicious toppings. Everything is fresh and there's a wide variety. It's wonderful to have so many vegetarian options. A little expensive compared to other pizza places and for the portion size.

Pros: tasty, great variety, vegetarian options
Cons: not very generous with toppings, prices
shaz
shaz

Excellent food

4 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2010

Very pleased with the vegan pizzas, great taste, great service, well worth the price! Will be back again!

Pros: great food, very clean, friendly staff
Cons: none
Rockrchk87
Rockrchk87

Loves it!

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2009

They have so many options and you can make practically ANYTHING on the menu vegan! Also they have vegan brownies for dessert that are to DIE for! Their store is very eco-friendly and their bathroom amenities are all made from recycled papers. The owners are friendly and the atmosphere is awesome!

Dear Owner and Manager of Earth Bistro: