Offers daily yum cha in addition to extensive menu of Vietnamese and Chinese vegan dishes, including lunch special rice dishes. Drinks include fresh juice, coffee, soya drink. Desserts include sorbet ice cream, vegan caramel flan, three color bean drink, pink jello drink. Specialties are pho noodle soup, broken rice, and spring rolls. Booking is needed if arriving after 8pm. No surcharge on public holidays. Caters to party functions. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Vietnamese, Catering

First Review by wubloodkin
judysmitha
judysmitha

The Best Vegan Calamari Fritters

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

My family came from North Sydney to have a dinner at Duy Linh vegan restaurant on last Sun. We really enjoyed vegan calamari, crispy tofu, sizzling soy chicken and sweet /sour soup. They have a huge variety menu with more than 200 vegan dishes.We will com back more time to try some other dishes.

Pros: Great Food, Good Service, Reasonable Prices
Cons: Sometime hard to find a parking.., Cash Only, Need more vegan desserts
SiaMask
SiaMask

Definitely the place to drop by

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2014

I visited Duy Linh as a one off because of its convenient location and I must say it was more than I hoped for. There is a huge variety of everything and the food tastes amazing. Even my brother (omnivore) who went with me said that the mock meat looked and tasted exactly like real meat, he definitely enjoyed it. The staff were really friendly especially the guy who owns the restaurant, he spoke really good English. I would highly recommend taking away dishes because they are great to eat anywhere. Favourite dishes: Fried wanton noodle soup, BBQ buns and vegan coconut ice cream.

Pros: So cheap!, Large portion of mains, Awesome mock meats
Cons: Sometimes ignorant staff , Uses a microwave which can be a put off
JennyWang
JennyWang

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

Two friends and I came here for lunch and we spent $36 for the avocado shake, tofu rice paper roll (4 servings), sweet potato rolls (5 servings), soy beef pho and water spinach and fermented tofu. We left feeling so satisfied. The food was exquisite and the pho's soup was light yet flavoursome and completely clear (the way I like my soups). The sweet potato rolls were really crunchy and yummy and warm, a perfect dessert to end the meal. The avocado shake was blended with soy milk so being a vegan, that was definitely a huge bonus. It was creamy and delicious. The staff were attentive and courteous. Wasn't too crowded and definitely a place for a nice conversation.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 26, 2014

Pros: cheap and good value, huge portions and excellent food, very polite staff
Cons: live too far away to make daily commute
michaelkatrisa
michaelkatrisa

Highly Recommended

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

Great food, nice service, good atmosphere and reasonable price.

Pros: Very nice food, Friendly service, Reasonable price
nerida
nerida

Great restaurant - only veg yum cha in Cabra?

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2011

We loved this restaurant, the yum cha was great as we were able to try lots of little things, though it's not like yum cha with someone coming around with a trolley, you just pick it off the menu, which is fine as there are photos of everything on the menu! fabulous! the food was great, very tasty and the waiter was an absolute sweetheart, he was a lovely gentle soul and also gave us information and their website when we were writing down things on our take away menu.

Don't be put off by the simple decor and the continual Supreme Master TV (which sometimes shows some disturbing scenes for a vegetarian/vegan to be watching while they are eating), I found this is not the only veg restaurant with this channel on continuously! I will definately return here, it was great.

Try the caramel flan!!! Also they seem to be open all afternoon and night, at least on Sundays, you can eat your late lunch/early dinner when you like.

Pros: Lovely staff, Excellent food, wide variety
Cons: Simple decor (not really a con)

Heaven
Heaven

My Best favourite vegan restaurant

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2010

I have really enjoyed the good atmosphere,services and vegan dishes at Duy Linh restaurant.Everything in the restaurant looks clean, nice and fresh even in toilets; especially with warm welcome from restaurant staff. I have a friend from Darwin, he wished if there was a restaurant like Duy Linh in Darwin. Thank you very much for publishing Duy Linh vegan restaurant website which helps me to choose dishes easily. Excellent Duy Linh. All the best in the future.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Inexpensive dishes
TuanAnhLam
TuanAnhLam

Duy Linh becomes a vegan restaurant.

5 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2010

It is a good news as Duy Linh is a vegan restaurant and all vegan dishes tasted very delicious.

MaitreyaBelmore
MaitreyaBelmore

Disappointing Broken Rice Combination

2 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2010

I had a rather disappointing meal here. The broken rice combination I ordered was really greasy. The rice was not tasty, the shredded porks, pork chops, etc were all greasy, tasteless, and fried with bad oil. The service was great though.

Pros: Cheap, Friendly staff
Cons: Very Greasy, Dirty Toilet, Fried in stale oil
ricksta
ricksta

VIET-TASTIC

5 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2009

This is my number one choice of vegetarian restaurants in Cabra. The food is always delicious, fresh & flavoursome.
The service is always fantastic. The authentic vietnamese ALL vegetarian menu is a must for all!!!!!

Guest
Guest

Best kept secret in Sydney

5 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2008

100% Vietnamese Vegetarian Food! I came here as a visitor from Perth, and let me just say that I felt like a kid in a toy shop. The menu is extensive and the food is pure class.
We need one of these in Perth... if the owners are reading this, think "franchise"!!!

Pros: Spoilt for choice, Unrivaled taste, Fair prices
Cons: Vietnamese niche (but works for me!), Don't expect lavish tables and chairs

Dear Owner and Manager of Duy Linh: