Dulce Vegan Bakery and Cafe

All vegan bakery and cafe serving soups and sandwiches, cinnamon rolls, sweets, cupcakes, coffee, and tea. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Bakery, American

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by cari
DavidFournier
DavidFournier

Our favorite breakfast / lunch joint!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

We absolutely love this place. We try to go every weekend for breakfast. It's a great place to relax, enjoy the wifi, have a coffee, latte or tea and eat great vegan breakfast sandwich. Don't forget desserts! They have a wide selection of tasty treats!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: Out of the way in Kirkland
GeeTee
GeeTee

My favorite lunch take-out place

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2014

I was excited to hear of this quaint little place in the Kirkwood section of Atlanta. I have been almost every week since my first visit. I love the biscuits and the lunch TLT sandwich!! I usually like the cinnamon rolls, but the sweetness varies from day to day, and, sometimes, the roll is just too sweet for me to eat. The biscuits and cinnamon rolls are really huge!! I love the lemon loaf!

My partner and I have tried the breakfast sandwiches, but we have not been overly impressed with any of those. As we eat a plant-based diet, I think that we are used to the spices I use in our dishes cooked at home, so the fillings in the breakfast biscuits here taste a bit bland to us, especially the "egg" and "sausage", so we make sure that we get the chipotle aioli sauce on our sandwiches. But this has become our go-to place for food on the run when we are heading out of town for a football game. We also grab extras for the next day's return trip home breakfast.

I love the TLT sandwich which I usually get for lunch when I go to the restaurant. I am going to try the Reuben next week and I hope it is as good as the TLT. The millet bread is really good!

The cupcakes are really small and I think that they are a bit costly for the size. I am not a fan of the cupcakes. I find both the cupcakes and the frosting too dense for my taste.

Pros: Biscuits are wonderful!, TLT Sandwich, Scones
Cons: Cupcakes texture and frosting, Prices for pastries, Breakfast sandwiches
drees2014
drees2014

Awesome!!

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2014

This place rocks! They serve breakfast all day and have a lunch menu. I had the sand which there and it was so tasty. I also tried a scone and that was also delicious. The prices are also very good. I was surprised that this place wasn't busier.

Pros: Tasty , Pretty cheap, Big portions

MissAlanna
MissAlanna

Amazing

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

I loved everything I got from here. There's a wide array of desserts and even some gluten free options, which is super hard to find at vegan eateries. The breakfast sandwich (I got basic sausage and cheese) was delicious. My friend got the tempeh blt sandwich and that was yummy as well. I cannot wait to go back and I will definitely recommend Dulce to friends!

Pros: Excellent food, Wide selection, Friendy staff
Bethie
Bethie

Quaint eatery

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

This place is wonderful - the staff is always friendly and the baked goods are excellent. The sandwiches are good as well but the other entrees seem to fall a little short.

Pros: baked goods are great, a few tables outdoors, coffee also good
Cons: entrees not as good as bakery items, baked goods are a little pricey
calamaestra
calamaestra

Pretty Good

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

I've been here twice. The first time the service wasn't great. The desserts are delicious. The sandwiches are good, but not great. I enjoyed the soup. I think I've just been spoiled by the dough bakery. However, I would return here to try different items.

JaimeBloom
JaimeBloom

The only spot for cupcakes!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

We found this on accident - and have been going every chance that we get. It is the ONLY place that we place orders for the most amazing cupcakes - that they can fit our needs: Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Soy-Free. And yes - they are incredible!!!
When in-town, we always schedule to be sure we can swing by for lunch.

Daisy-Anne
Daisy-Anne

Awesome!

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

My family and I ate here for lunch, what a great choice! Delicious cheezy cauliflower soup. I got the eggplant parmesan flatbread (gf) and my husband got the TLT. Both phenomenal as well as the chickpea salad! We got some goodies to go, too, of course! I wish we lived closer but we will definitely be back when we are in the city!!

Marcia
Marcia

Yummy!

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2013

Coffee and Chocolate! Coffee and Chocolate! What more can I say!

mzreed77
mzreed77

DelightFULL!!

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

What can I say, I love this place! My husband I have been here twice, the first time Friday on a lunch date and today (sunday)for lunch again! The sandwiches are "Awesome" imaginative and gourmet appeal w/o the gourmet flavor! The bakery section has so many varieties of yummy goodies, I am not a "sweet tooth" person however I get 2 to 3 treats to take home for me and some for my little ones! Our new Fav Place! My con would be more menu items for lunch,the options they make are wonderful but puts me in the mindset off "mmmmmmmm.......what else can she make?" GET the Chaider!

Pros: FlavorFull, Friendly-Warm staff, Price
Cons: bigger space, more entrees
Zawata
Zawata

Wish it was closer

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2012

Went to Dulce Vegan for the 1st time yesterday. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Had the TLT did not miss the bacon at all. Also, had a chocolate cupcake and cinnamon bun both were better than any none vegan version. I have been a vegan for only 6 months and get really excited when I find food that taste great!

How I wish you were closer to my house. I would be there everyday for lunch.

Wish you much success!!! Can't wait till my next visit.

Pros: Excellent Food, friendly staff, Taste!!!
Cons: Had to wait a bit, but it was worth it!, Prices for baked goods were no listed
CyneEnright
CyneEnright

Great cafe and 5 year old loved it too!

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

too my daughter her for her 5th birthday brunch. the staff was very nice-- made her a special grilled cheese. i liked the cafe selection for coffee and various kinds of mylks were used, not just soy. also really liked the cupcakes and the tempeh blt sandwich. will return for her 6th birthday, even though it is an hour away from my house.

Pros: friendly staff, quick services, good food
SweetFaces
SweetFaces

Praise for vegan entrepreneurs!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

It can't be easy to run a vegan establishment, but you can feel the love in this place. I've been for breakfast (light, tender biscuits, vegan sausage) and again for cupcakes (so fresh and flavorful). I'm eager to go back for lunch.

Pros: All vegan, creative menu, walkable neighborhood
cookie1908
cookie1908

Incredible Sandwiches!!

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find this restaurant in Kirkwood, a section in town I rarely visit. First off, the service was great - the woman behind the counter was friendly, informative, and just had a great attitude. More importantly, our sandwiches were amazing! I was able to order their Chicken Salad in a sandwich format, which the employee did not blink an eye at. The bread was fresh and hearty, and it tasted so close to chicken salad that my mouth was watering while eating it (can that happen?). My husband ordered a tofu sandwich, which he loved. He got a vegan blueberry muffin as well, which he said was just okay. I wish they offered different sides with sandwiches, but they only had chips available. This is a nice spot to visit in ATL, and make sure to stop by Ardens Garden across the street to pick up a smoothie.

Pros: Excellent Service, Cute Atmosphere, Best vegan chicken salad ever!
Cons: Need better side options
Chris M.
Chris M.

Scones are no Joke!

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2011

I went here when they were just opening and didn't have much in the way of baked goods available, but I had a scone and my girlfriend had a cookie and they were both amazing. The french pressed coffee was great, just what I wanted. Girl behind the counter was very friendly, definitely recommend.

Pros: Friendly, Vegan, Scones
pentagoth79
pentagoth79

Good Eats & Treats!

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

I had the best cinnamon roll EVER there! The soup and sandwiches were also delicious! It was the only all-vegan place open on Sunday to grab breakfast but we weren't disappointed!
They have a small but sufficient food menu, a display of desserts and a good selection of specialty coffee and teas.

Pros: delecious, fast, clean
LadyVolsFreakDeb
LadyVolsFreakDeb

Amazing find in Kirkwood

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2011

I'm a long time vegetarian and short time vegan. One of the biggest challenges is eating out. I was so excited when I searched Happy Cow and discovered a new restaurant close to my part of town. My spouse and I had lunch at Dulce Vegan Bakery today and it was amazing! While the menu was rather small, there was likely something for anyone's taste. The ingredients were very fresh and they have an extensive tea selection along with coffee (next time I'll try the hemp latte). I had the "Chicken" salad with cranberries, served on a bed of arugula and with gluten free crackers. The generous portion was love at first bite. The text was perfect. The arugula's edge was a perfect balance to the salad. My spouse enjoyed the balsamic marinated tofu sandwich served with greens and walnut pesto. She totally enjoyed the sandwich. We took our desert home because we were so full. The selection was good. They offered a variety of creative scones, muffins, breads, and a peach/blueberry pie that was very tempting. I chose the blueberry/lemon cupcake and my spouse chose the very large cinnamon roll. Both were extremely fresh and flavorful. I'm delighted with our experience and can't wait to return.

Pros: fresh ingredients, excellent food, Imaginative combinations
Cons: Limited menu
thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Vegan baking done right.

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

A troup of us went in for some yummy desserts and were not disapointed... well I was sad that they didn't have their cinnimon rolls that day but we all still made out quite well. It makes sense that this place is a little new, because it kind of felt that way, like they were figuring some of the things out but the food was good to excellent, especially for vegan baking and the food was pretty good too. I didn't see any better options for vegan baking while in Atlanta and this place does not disapoint.

Pros: good yummy vegan baked goods., cute staff., lunch menu.
Cons: atmosphere is a bit dry for hanging out.
Vegan Fam
Vegan Fam

Amazing treats and a wonderful, smiling person at

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2011

So excited to have a vegan bakery in Atlanta! We finally made it to the bakery and couldn't have been more impressed. We had an array of yummies that satisfied the whole family (from 41 to 15 months). The staff was full of smiles and wonderful! We brought 4 vegan cinnamon rolls back to Birmingham to have for breakfast tomorrow! Can't wait to go back for the sandwiches.

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious treats, Cozy
Cons: Need music playing
Kennydn
Kennydn

Good Vegan Bakery

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2011

This new vegan bakery in the Kirkwood neighborhood has lots of potential to be a favorite spot if they expand their lunch menu. Both times I've been there, they only had one option and very limited bakery items. The cinnamon rolls, coffee drinks (even offer hemp milk!) and cauliflower frittada (like a vegan quiche) I've had were great. Also there is a cute, hip atmosphere and friendly staff! I can't wait to see what else they offer in the future!

cari
cari

Amazing Vegan Food!!

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2011

Numm numm!!! This place is sooo super good! I went and had the pesto panini and some yummy cupcakes. I also got a french press and it was like 4 cups of coffee! So good, every single thing was mouth watering yummy! Also a great price! The ladies that were there were super nice and I plan on having them make my vegan sons birthday cake for his 3rd bday. I just can't say enough good about this place, can't wait to go back!

Pros: Taste, Price, Service
Cons: nada!

Dear Owner and Manager of Dulce Vegan Bakery and Cafe: