Serves meat, veg options available. Tapas restaurant with an extensive vegetarian menu and signature dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Spanish, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
Pond 9-10 Cross Street
Preston, England PR1 3LT
01772-824988

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by FRUITnVEG
life-lived-is
life-lived-is

Bliss

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2015

According to iPhoto I had this meal on 11th February. I don't remember the day, but I do remember the meal. Yes, it was yet another amazing meal from the Duk/Pond Preston.

If you get the chance, take the time and spend the money to make a feast. They are so clued up on dietary requirements, it's phenomenal and the staff are always happy to help.

Everything photographed is vegan!

Vegan pate, with bread and sweet onion relish. I would highly recommend this. It's light and flaversom.

Duk/Pond salad, with berries and orange. It's very refreshing and light.

Sujakoo (spelling please) veggie 'meat' balls made with cinnamon and sweet potato in a spicy tomato sauce.

Potatas Bravas - enough said.

Stuffed Peppers… these are something else, honestly. I thought I was going to fall into a different dimension whilst eating these. I remember making inappropriate noises whilst stuffing my little face. I only wish that I had a recipe for them. Heaven.

and
Thai vegetables in a creamy coconut sauce.

I vaguely remember taking home a few boxes of take away that we simply could not eat; and now I feel full just looking back over this.

Duck/Pond also stock vegan fair-trade wines, if you like something exciting to wash down all that food. My personal favourite is the Running Duck Cabernet Sauvignon. This is a Stellar Organic 13.5% from South Africa as well as being Vegan, it's also FairTrade and gluten free.

Slowly sinking back into a food coma thinking about this meal.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 04, 2015

Pros: Fantastic Service, Amazing food, Selection of vegan wines
FRUITnVEG
FRUITnVEG
  • fruitarian

Excellent Needs A Five Star

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Birthday meal.

Service and staff was 5 Star!

Highly recommend you try this place!

Food was also brilliant, with their vegan options. Very tasty!

Portions a little small so i'd advice you order starters and a two course for the main if you have a fair appetite.

Pros: Service, Management personally attend anyquestios, Food & Atmosphere
Cons: No Cons!

Dear Owner and Manager of Duk and Pond: