Pharmacy and vitamins store that stocks some produce like a soy based ice cream, tofu, veganaise, Earth Balance vegan butter, vegan cheese, and almond milk in addition to vitamins. Please check stock and let happycow know. Confirmed open Sept 2013. more-less
5900 Bosque Blvd
Waco, Texas 76710
254-772-7250

Open Mon-Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 10am-6pm.

First Review by GraceG
Iaphiel
Iaphiel

Great place for vegans!

5 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2012

I love, love, LOVE Drug Emporium. It's the only place in town I can get Earth Balance (the soy kind, the local Walmart surprisingly carries the soy-free version), it has way better deals on Veganaise and Tofutti products than the local grocery store, a wider selection of vegan frozen meals, coconut milk (grocery store doesn't carry it), and a fantastic array of vegan sweets. Would recommend to anyone, but one warning, it's cash/checks/debit only - no credit cards!

Pros: Great selection, Good prices, Friendly staff
Cons: Cash/check/debit only
robertajoiner
robertajoiner

Amazing variety of whole foods!

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2012

I went with my aunt today - I am visiting from California and am low fat vegan trying to help her eat more healthy. I found more variety of dr mcdougall products, walden farms fatb free dressings and products and loads of whole grains and best brands of beans (Eden), and canned tomato products (Muir Glen). Some quinoa mixes with no fat, lots of great options for a single person. I highly recommend this for your staples - no produce to speak of, but the rest is great. Even have Sriracha sauce!

Pros: Organic Whole foods, Fat free whole foods, Frozen whole foods
Cons: Little produce, Too many vitamins
GlenHill
GlenHill

Health Food Store

4 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2011

Great Selection. Healthy Living Foods, Supplements, Books to Essential Oils. I love it.

Pros: Being here in Waco,TX, Stay Stocked
Cons: High Prices, Not Enough Samples
anyark
anyark

Drug Emporium growth

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2011

The Vitamin Plus section has been enlarged and now covers the right side of the store. There is a gluten free section now and many more products in all areas. The frozen section is also much larger. Good place to shop.

Pros: good selections, helpful staff
Cons: no fresh produce
RachelC
RachelC

I loved it!

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2009

I've lived here for 3 years for school now, and until I checked out this site and saw Drug Emporium listed as a good source, I would have NEVER gone there. I went last weekend to see what they had to offer not expecting too much difference than one of the larger HEB's selections, but Drug Emporium's selection of vegan, vegetarian, and organic products and foods surpassed all my expectations! I will be returning there soon, and I'm recommending it to everyone who complains that we don't have a Whole Foods! (okay, it's not quite up to par with Whole Foods, but it's pretty amazing, especially for Waco!)

GraceG
GraceG

Thank you Drug Emporium!!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2009

OH HAPPY DAY! I thought I would surely starve before I found Drug Emporium. Having recently moved to the greater Waco metropolitan area, I was despondent that the best selection of Veg food found was at Wal-Mart!! Then Happy Cow recommended Drug Emporium. . . what a relief! They have a rather impressive selection of frozen goods, both vegan and vegetarian as well as many organic offerings. They also have a good selection of less perishable food items such as salad dressings, flours, mixes, etc.

Pros: Good Value, Organic Offerings, Vegan Items
Cons: No Produce, No Bulk Items

Dear Owner and Manager of Drug Emporium: