Hummus Place changed its name and moved to this location from Paulay Ede utca 46 in early 2014. Fast food place offering hummus, falafel, salads, sweets, and lemonade. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

• Cash only

First Review by Or Tamir
rigor_mortensen
rigor_mortensen

The doc couldn't cure our munchies

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2014

Dr. Hummus is quite far away from the city center. The place itself is really small and not comfortable at all, the only seating accommodation they have are bar stools and tables along the side walls. The staff wasn't very well prepared - the order (for 5 persons) took quite long to prepare (which is understandable since there was only one single person dealing with our whole order), plus they didn't have shakshuka (or was it matbuha) for my non-vegan friend in store. Also, they didn't have soy milk nor regular cow milk in store, so none of us could drink coffee there either. The portions weren't really big compared to Hummus Bar (while being about the same price), so none of us was really full after the meal. In addition, the bread they serve is in fact a joke compared to the fresh laffa at Hummus Bar. However, the Falafel balls were really crispy and tasty, and so was the Hummus. Plus, they have really good baklava, which even comes warm. Conclusively, I'm not sure if I am ever going to visit the place again, since it is far off the center and there are other, more central and better Hummus places in Budapest.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 31, 2014

Pros: good quality hummus and falafel
Cons: far away from the center, some menu items were not in store, not very comfortable
Amy1274
Amy1274

Excellent but temporarily closed

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

Visited in 2010 -a lovely place with good quality, affordable food. Downstairs was fast food, and upstairs a cosy cafe with bean bag chairs.

However, when trying to revisit in December 2013, found it to be closed for renovation. Unfortunately no date of re-opening was displayed on site.

Or Tamir
Or Tamir
  • non-vegetarian

Excellent!

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

One of my favourite foods is Hummus and I have tasted many kinds of Hummus in my life but this Hummus is just amazing and I don't think you can get such a good quality Hummus in Budapest either in Hungary.

I think they really have the "Jerusalem taste" as they claim.

The place is not big but the staff always take care about their clients and they would not let somebody leave disappointed.

I have been there a few times since they opened and until now I often go there when I pass through.

Pros: Delicious food, Cheap, Kind staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Dr. Hummus: