Juice and smoothie bar also offering packaged snacks, coffee, and a small menu of veggie sandwiches. Since Dec 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

Mon-Fri 7:30am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by Gudrun
anonymuts
anonymuts

Healthy food but noisy place

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2015

We wanted to have lunch at Vagabond, but that one was closed, so ended up here for lunch. Although it is more of a juice bar and serves some salads and such, there was nothing else open that time of the day.

I has a vegan salad with "mock chicken" (soy) which was OK. I could have eaten some more, more since I was really hungry, but it was quite expensive too. What I missed in the salad was something "crunchy" like croutons or so.

Also what I found really annoying, is the noise from the machines. Of course I do understand that a juice bar must blend, but they make really a lot of noise, and it's hard to keep a conversation going when they are busy juicing!
I would suggest a separate room for the kitchen and/or to do something about the acoustics.

Updated from previous review on Sunday January 25, 2015

Pros: Good selection of juices, All organic.
Cons: Noisy
JonJon
JonJon

Cute veggie café

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2014

We tried this café in the afternoon for a late lunch. The place is great and the staff welcomed us very nicely. We ordered two raw soups and four vegan sandwiches (not raw). The two soups were amazing, hot but raw and creamy. The sandwiches were good as well: with hummus, spicy chicken, avocado, dried tomatoes, peppers, dried grapes. They had a very fine taste.

Vegans, beware: the "vegan tuna" sandwich is actually not vegan since they apparently use eggs to do it. It is quite strange to call it vegan... Apart from that problem of labelling, the staff seems clearly aware of veganism and the other sandwiches are vegan (4 on 5).

The place is also a shop of juice extractors and superfood for raw foodists.

Pros: good and fresh food, very friendly staff, affordable, raw soup, pleasant place, location
Cons: not 100% vegan, vegan items not clearly labelled
  • Gudrun Gudrun

Just curious - how did you find out about the egg in the "vegan tuna sandwich"? Greetings, Gudrun

• JonJon JonJon

When we asked for vegan sandwiches, the waiter said us every one was except the Vegan tuna sandwich because the tuna was made with eggs. I don't have more info on it, but it really surprised us. I said them it would be better not to write that it is vegan if it was not...

• Gudrun Gudrun

Thank you! Indeed it's quite weird that they label it "vegan" then...

• JonJon JonJon

Yes it's weird. I've just read your review and if they use the tuna from the Vegetarian Butcher, there is not egg but milk in it. This confirms your opinion that they finally are not really aware of what veganism is... Unfortunately. Hope they will fix these problems in the closest future. Apart from that significant labelling problems, I've found the place potentially great!

Gudrun
Gudrun

Well...

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2014

I came here one afternoon and asked a staff member about vegan options. She replied "everything is vegan". I could not believe it and asked "really, everything vegan"? She confirmed. Fortunately another staff member overheard our conversation and corrected her - the place is vegetarian with some vegan options. He mentioned 3 (?) vegan sandwiches as options.

I ordered a "vegan tuna sandwich" and just before I started to write this review I read in the previous review that it was NOT vegan. Hm. In general I had the impression that the staff was not too well informed about ingredients. I asked if the "tuna" came from the "Vegetarian Butcher" and they said it is the same stuff (would be lupine-based, but not vegan) but when I said that then it was not vegan they said it was soya. No mention of the egg I read about in the previous review. I asked if a certain juice had honey in it they said yes and later I found out that it was supposed to be made without honey by default. I asked what some white stuff in a drink was and I got the answer that it was soyamilk while it obviously was coconut milk. Two of the three staff members came across quite stressed and I did not dare to ask them for more options or explanations - although the place was not very crowded that day.

I think the place would be really nice also for vegans if the staff was better informed and if it would be easier to find out about all the ingredients. Still it might be nice for vegetarians.

Pros: vegetarian, organic
Cons: staff not very informed, vegan options not clear

Dear Owner and Manager of Dr. Blend: