Down to Earth - maybe closed

An independent organic veg restaurant and shop; previously named Luscious Organics. Offers smoothies, fresh juices, gluten-free vegan cakes baked in-house, vegetarian and vegan food. Has wi-fi. MARCH 2014 REPORTED CHANGE OF OWNER, WEBSITE http://www.downtoearth.co.uk NOT WORKING - PLEASE EMAIL HAPPYCOW NEW INFO. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Organic, British, English, Bakery, Macrobiotic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out
240-242 Kensington High Street, Kensington
West London, England W8 6ND
02073716987
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by lozzer
gen6
gen6

Good food, but strange downstairs area?

2 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

Food is good and filling, but as I popped downstairs to use the facilities, the chefs were spread about all over the lower bar area with food tubs left out uncovered. I think this is very unhygienic, as it is right outside the customer toilets in an open area.

lozzer
lozzer

• non-vegetarian

Fab vegan RAW food

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

I stumbled across this restaurant and am so pleased I did.
I had heard of the RAW food trend but hadn't really had the time to read up on it properly and in my head I had visions of limp lettuce leaves and carrott sticks to nibble on. My experience at Down to Earth has completely changed my attitude.
I had the vegetable lasagne and couldn't believe how good it tasted without any meat and without any cooking. The flavours were incredible and so moreish. I had no idea you could make a cheese tasting paste from cashew nuts. So clever and I felt full and satisfied afterwards too. Friendly staff, great prices and a great hip interior too-a real contender for the best vegetarian cafe on the veggie scene in london I reckon. Top marks Down to Earth-well done.

Dear Owner and Manager of Down to Earth - maybe closed: