Health shop with a coffee and smoothies bar. Stocks a range of products including fresh organic produce, juices, vitamins, eco products, purified water, and pet supplies. Cafe serves wraps, salads, soups, main dishes and baking/desserts. Previously at 4448 50th Ave North. more-less
5003 50th Ave North (The New Eco Building)
Fort Nelson, British Columbia V0C 1R0

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Profound_Raincloud

This Place is Amazing!

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2015

Found this place on Happy Cow when we drove from Fairbanks to Washington recently. Talk about a great find! A pretty well stocked health food store takes up about 2/3 of the building and then an amazing coffee shop/bakery takes up the other 1/3. The first time I went there it was almost lunch so I was treated to fresh bread right out of the oven with vegan butter, vegetable minestrone soup, falafels with a root vegetable salad, and a smoothie (yeah I pigged out!). The sauce with the falafels wasn't vegan so the guy behind the counter whipped up a delicious avocado sauce for me. Turns out he is the owner and a fabulous cook! On the way back to Fairbanks we stopped there again and ended up talking to the couple that owns the place...super cool people! He had just made some raw key lime cheesecakes that were to die for! This place awesome!

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly atmosphere, Lots of vegan options
Cons: does serve cheese on some things
Sarah P
Sarah P

Vegan OASIS option on the Alaska Highway

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

We stopped here thanks to an ad in the Milepost, and thank goodness we did. We ate the most amazingly filling and delicious lentil filo wraps with roasted vegetable salad sides. The price was incredibly affordable, especially for the area. We also ordered meals to go for the next day, since there was nothing listed for thousands of miles until the Alaskan border, and were satisfied with our choices. Staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt. Definitely make a point to stop here if you're driving the Alaska Highway. The frozen almond milk latte was great after it melted down a bit.

Pros: Filling, delicious, inexpensive, Cheerful, friendly, helpful staff, Water filling station
Cons: Pay for WiFi, Not much produce in store

Veggie Heaven - It's a Cafe!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2012

I was more than pleasantly suprised when I visited Down to Earth on a recent work trip! I travel northern B.C. a lot for work and usually eat lots of salad as there are few veggie options for me with my allergies. This is not only a health store but a full blown cafe! I asked my first day there where was good for lunch the first thing out of their mouth's was the health food store with a side note of oh but it's all vegetarian, just so you know. My response SWEET, I am vegetarian!

I went here twice out of the 4 days I was in town. The first day I had the portobello mushroom with spinach on top and the asparagus, broccoli, hemp seed salad. The second time I had a cheddar/chive biscuit and a wrap!

The food was amazing! I wish I had a camera so I could show it! I recommend this place to all visiting and if you have forgotten anything, you can definitely pick it up here the entire store is filled with products for sale.

I liked this store/cafe so much that I can't wait for my next trip to Ft. Nelson!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Amazing Food, Amazing Atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Down to Earth: