Health shop with a coffee and smoothies bar. Stocks a range of products including fresh organic produce, juices, vitamins, eco products, purified water, and pet supplies. Cafe serves wraps, salads, soups, main dishes and baking/desserts. Previously at 4448 50th Ave North. more-less

First Review by Profound_Raincloud
Sarah P
Sarah P

Vegan OASIS option on the Alaska Highway

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

We stopped here thanks to an ad in the Milepost, and thank goodness we did. We ate the most amazingly filling and delicious lentil filo wraps with roasted vegetable salad sides. The price was incredibly affordable, especially for the area. We also ordered meals to go for the next day, since there was nothing listed for thousands of miles until the Alaskan border, and were satisfied with our choices. Staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt. Definitely make a point to stop here if you're driving the Alaska Highway. The frozen almond milk latte was great after it melted down a bit.

Pros: Filling, delicious, inexpensive, Cheerful, friendly, helpful staff, Water filling station
Cons: Pay for WiFi, Not much produce in store
Profound_Raincloud
Profound_Raincloud

Veggie Heaven - It's a Cafe!

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2012

I was more than pleasantly suprised when I visited Down to Earth on a recent work trip! I travel northern B.C. a lot for work and usually eat lots of salad as there are few veggie options for me with my allergies. This is not only a health store but a full blown cafe! I asked my first day there where was good for lunch the first thing out of their mouth's was the health food store with a side note of oh but it's all vegetarian, just so you know. My response SWEET, I am vegetarian!

I went here twice out of the 4 days I was in town. The first day I had the portobello mushroom with spinach on top and the asparagus, broccoli, hemp seed salad. The second time I had a cheddar/chive biscuit and a wrap!

The food was amazing! I wish I had a camera so I could show it! I recommend this place to all visiting and if you have forgotten anything, you can definitely pick it up here the entire store is filled with products for sale.

I liked this store/cafe so much that I can't wait for my next trip to Ft. Nelson!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Amazing Food, Amazing Atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Down to Earth: