Serves meat, veg options available. Staff is helpful about vegan and gluten-free diets. Wide range of pizza. Has dairy-free mozzarella and gluten-free pizza crust. Also offer vegan brownie and wheat-free cakes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by amyyarwood89

Vegan pizza heaven, but...

3 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

Consistently good, attentive staff and great value place for lunch or dinner in the city centre.

Always plenty of vegan cheeze on my pizza when I went - if in doubt, ask when ordering for a good amount of topping!

They offer a range of vegan and gluten free pizzas, plus vegan puddings. Some of the wines and beers/ciders are vegan. Great cocktail bar next door (Apotheca) if you fancy a pre/post drinkee too!

I guess Dough is fine if you're happy to be somewhere where other people are eating meat (no meat smell in the restaurant or cross contamination in the kitchen), but not everyone will be comfortable due to the extensive meat on the menu.

Worth a visit, book in advance if want a Saturday evening meal.

Pros: Vegan, Gluten free, Friendly staff
Cons: Meat on the menu

Dough Pizza Kitchen, Manchester

2 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

I'm a little unsure what to say about this place. In my mind I am questioning if it is justified in being listed on happycow. While the menu clearly indicates which items are vego and also which are dairy free for those of a vegan persuasion, what seems to me to be a bit more than half the menu seems to be dedicated to eating dishes with slaughtered animals. In this joint vegoism isn't the number 1 drivers on the menu in this place.

The waiting staff were pleasant and helpful enough. I went for the vegan edition of their vego delux pizza. For a place that partly bills itself on offering vegan cheese, it seemed slightly ironic that the cheese on the pizza consisted of 4 slices off the end of a block. This covered less than half the pizza. Otherwise the pizza was fine.

Decor is contemporary without being over the top. No issued with atmo.

Would I be OK to go back here again if I was with a friend who refused to eat in an all vego restaurant? Yes. Would I go here again in other circumstances? Probably not, Manchester has the best choice of vego eateries in the North of England so I'd prefer to satisfy my hunger in one of those.

Pros: Vegan friendly
Cons: Serves many meat based dishes, Tight fisted with the vegan cheese

Amazing everything

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

I visited the restaurant with my flatmate and little brother (who has autism and learning difficulties), with both me and my brother being vegan also finding somewhere suitable for a sit down meal isn't easy. Well upon arriving at Dough it was ideal based on the atmosphere and the staff, both were amazing. Friendly, helpful, extremely informative and had just right with the "why is no one around":"stop bugging me and let me eat my food" ratio!

So the food - Well we were informed that everything with the symbol "DF" (dairy free) on the menu was available as a vegan option, so if it had anything non vegan on they'd just make it without. This left literally about 80% of the menu to choose from, and for a place that isn't listed as vege/vegan only this was really impressive.

I ordered a tuna teryaki (minus the tuna of course) and it came with their vegan cheese substitute also, great pizza, great flavours. My brother went for a margarita and loved it, and we got a garlic bread with tomato sauce to share which was awesome.

To top it all off, because they'd taken a bit longer than usual to get us our food (we were behind a big table), they knocked 25% off the bill.

Overall 9/10, they only lose the 1 because of the time it took!

Pros: Great food, Awesome staff, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Very busy/took a while, Noisy

wow!

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2012

I have to say I LOVE this place. the food is great and despite catering to meaties /veggis and vegans, it manages to provide a fair few options for everyone. The menu is clearly labelled which helps avoid the general confusion that usually occurs and there's always a nice feeling I haven't have since way back when I ate meat of 'mmm WHICH to have' as appose to 'mmm what CAN I have??' The food always seems very fresh and the one and only time that we had a delay on the food service, our waiter gave us a discount despite us not mentioning the wait. I would highly recommend this for adult family parties as it caters for everyone and always has unusual takes on the classic pizza.

Pros: Beautiful Interior, Friendly, helpful staff, Great food for the price
Cons: Can get very busy so make sure to book!

Dear Owner and Manager of Dough Pizza Kitchen: