Dough Bakery

Vegan bakery and deli. Bakes a variety of items including fresh bread, banana whoopie pies, and cinnamon rolls. Also serves vegan soft serve ice cream. Free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Bakery, Take-out
100 Hurt St NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30307
404-380-1400

Open Tue-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 8am-3pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by GAVeggieDude
BuddyWheeler
BuddyWheeler

Vegan breakfast sadwiches!!!

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

I live in Louisville but travel to Florida a few times a year. On my most recent trip I called in the morning before I left and asked them to put 10 breakfast sandwiches in a bag so they didn't run out before I got there. When I walked int he door they greeted me with, "YOU'RE the one who called to save sandwiches!" Seriously, I'm here every 4-7 months for a quick stop and they still recognized me.

The breakfast sandwiches are amazing. Also? Vegan milkshakes. This place can't be beat.

Pros: Vegan breakfast, Milkshakes, Friendly
chrunchyAlien
chrunchyAlien

lovely&yummie place

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

very very lovely place to eat.
The cupcakes are delicious. And the sandwich were very special and tasty. The tofu scrumble was unfortunately too dry ;(
Very friendly and nice stuff.
Good priceperformance/ratio.

mruss016
mruss016

Yum!

5 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

Went here for lunch with two of my non-veg friends. Got the special (stroganoff sandwich) which I absolutely loved. Pasta salad is good too! Staff is very helpful and friendly. Looking forward to coming back!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Friendly Staff
Cons: Needs Cosmetic/Atmosphere Improvements
calamaestra
calamaestra

Delicious desserts

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

These are some of the most delicious vegan desserts that I have ever had. There is so much to try. The staff is amazing and they will help you with whatever you need.

tryn ny ty
tryn ny ty

Great experience!

4 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

As a West Coast vegan I was fearful about traveling to Atlanta and finding food options. I was so happy to find Dough Bakery. The vegan soft serve was good and they made me a daily special sandwich for the flight which was fabulous - vegan ham and daiya Swiss on a pineapple roll with banana peppers, pickles and mustard.

The place is located in a cute neighborhood with a few other adorable restaurants with plenty of street parking.

Pros: sweet and salty, good ice cream, yummy baked goods
Cons: few beverage options
RachaelSera
RachaelSera

Delicious food, friendly staff!

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

We were a bit overwhelmed with all of the sandwich options (not used to so many vegan choices!), and took a while to decide, but the guy behind the counter was super helpful and friendly. We ended up getting the special ("turkey," tempeh "bacon," and vegan ranch for that week), which seems to be what most people do. It was indeed "special" -- and delicious! The house-made hoagie for the sandwich was perfect (I'm in love with their bread)!

For dessert, we got soft-serve ice cream in a cone. Yes! Vegan soft-serve ice cream! We also tried a cupcake (not my favorite; it was okay, but I've had/made much better), a chocolate dipped macaroon (awesome!), and a sticky bun (omg! This was the best dessert I've ever tasted! They really know how to make tasty bread!).

In fact, the sticky bun so good that we stopped by there again on our way out of Atlanta the next day to get another one.

This was probably my favorite stop on our road trip. It was a great experience overall; great food and friendly staff. We will definitely be back if we're in Atlanta again!

Pros: awesome bakery, awesome deli, good prices!
MaryAshley
MaryAshley

Great Vegan Bakery and Deli

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

We went in for breakfast and ended up staying for lunch! The scones were amazing, we had coffees with soymilk that were delicious. My husband had a great banana smoothy and then we both had a deli sandwich with gluten based deli slices - Delicious, would definitely recommend. My only complaint is that they serve hot breakfast on Sunday and we weren't in town so we didn't get to try that. I wish they served hot breakfast everyday!!

Pros: Great baked goods, Delicious deli sandwiches, Excellent soy smoothies
Cons: hot breakfast only served on sundays
no whey!
no whey!

Sweet tooth remedy

5 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2012

I know a lot of people think of vegans as more health-conscious than the average person. And for the most part, sure, I am. But offer me a glass case packed with scones, moonpies, and snickerdoodle cookies that I CAN eat and all bets are off.
I came in here while I was in town visiting friends and I was immediately drooling over their sandwiches, breakfast food, and desserts. I couldn't resist buying a lot of different snacks and everything was delicious. I really liked the mock chicken salad sandwich and peanut butter shake!

Pros: Funny cartoons, Shakes, Junk food
KonaDog
KonaDog

Fantastic

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

Great vegan stop in Atlanta in the Chandler Park area. Quiet dinning area that would be great for studying- more of a coffee shop feel than a sit down restaurant. We got the sausage and egg breakfast sandwiches from the cooler and the counter guy warmed them for us to go. We also chose some bakery items and ALL were SO GOOD. They also had Thanksgiving feast items for order. Dough Bakery seems to be a great convenience for Atlantans, as well as visitors to the city.

Pros: all vegan , sweets , brunch items
Cons: not much variety for menu options
Jennycraig
Jennycraig

Bacon Egg Cheese biscuit vegan style

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

Awesome vegan restaurant! I had to ask "these are really vegan menu items"? The bacon egg cheese biscuit was delightful. The chicken salad was fantastic! The staff was a pleasure on a Sunday morning!! This place is a must, no matter how far you have to commute!
THE DOUGH BAKERY and GUTENFLEISCHERS are the SAME PLACE!!
GUTENFLEISCHERS means The Good Butcher in German, an excellent play on words. My hats of to you!

Pros: Cold cuts that are vegan, Nice staff
Cons: None.
dustinlull
dustinlull

AWESOME

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

I checked out this place while in Atlanta for DragonCon, and this place is amazing. Tons of cookies, muffins, cakes. They also have vegan deli meats that they make in-store, so it's a great place to grab lunch. The pumpkin whoopie pie was particularly amazing. PLUS vegan soft serve ice cream!

Pros: awesome food, wide selection, staff was very friendly
mparis
mparis

Simply Awesome!

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

The "milk"shakes are out of this world. They will put cake scraps by request in your shake. Also, the banana cake with peanut butter frosting (very moist) and the whoopie pies will knock your socks off. I also LOVE the breakfast biscuits that are stuffed with tempeh bacon, soy cheese and faux egg - they will put vegan mayo on them if you request (they make the vegan mayo there) which is delicious. Also, if you are local (or staying somewhere with a fridge and microwave) they sell liquid "cheese" to heat and pour over nachos (awesome) in the cooler. The atmosphere is very casual and comfortable. Do NOT miss going to this place it is vegan heaven!

Pros: Homemade vegan desserts to die for!, They sell Coke in the glass bottle. , Casual atmosphere.
atlvmar
atlvmar

Wow, smart, creative, hip vegan oasis in ATL

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

Hard to exaggerate the creative energy in this place - always something new, be it savory or sweet; great ambiance; friendly staff; great neighborhood (Inman Park); transit accessible; park across the street to enjoy your haul. This place has it all.

Pros: setting, culinary creativity
AjWare
AjWare

Delish

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

I am a Dough Ho and proud of it. The Riblet sandwich is Amazing. I can barely go a day without a slice of Hummingbird Cake.

Pros: Bakery, Deli
Kennydn
Kennydn

So much deliciousness

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

Dough Vegan Bakery is new to the Inman Park neighborhood, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Everything I've tried here so far-- from their vegan soft-serve ice cream, molasses cookies, peanut butter chocolate cream tart (OMG so good I just about died), and fresh baked breads-- has been delicious. They always have a good variety of baked goods to choose from, including some gluten free items. In addition, I love the cute atmosphere and the staff is great. Not in the mood for sweets? Well, Dough has teamed up with Gutenfleischers Vegan Deli and has a deli counter with homemade vegan meats, sides, and awesome sandwiches. This place gets an A+ in my book!

GAVeggieDude
GAVeggieDude

Vegan Heaven

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

So many mouth-watering options at this place, with no animal ingredients in anything! Vegan heaven-on-Earth. :)

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Dough Bakery: