Casual Indian restaurant. Offers a daily lunch buffet, and Thursday is dosa night. Vegans to ask which dishes are made without dairy. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Indo-Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

baruchadam
baruchadam

Fine Vege Indian

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2015

A standard vege selection of both South & North Indian dishes. Finding this spot saved me on a trip to the area. Thx Happy Cow.

jlim17
jlim17

Disappointing but would give another chance

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

After finding this listing on Happy Cow, I stopped in for the lunch buffet. There was only 1 person working and he did not understand my question on which items contained dairy such as ghee (I'm vegan). He kept reiterating "no", seeming to get annoyed when I asked for more clarification and then said I could have everything. When I looked at the items, there was a paneer dish, avial, gulab jamun, butter naan and a few other questionable items that could contain dairy. I knew right away that he did not know what I had meant. The idly, masala dosa, "vegetable" pakora (it was only onions) and basmati rice I had were fine, but nothing special. The server also never came over to check on me and I had to flag him down. Unfortunately, yet another example of a Vegetarian restaurant not being quite so Vegan-friendly. That being said, I could see trying this place again outside of the lunch buffet, maybe even for a dosa night, but I would hope the server would be able to better communicate in English and understand our dietary needs.

Pros: $9 Lunch Buffet, Easy To Find
Cons: Understanding of Vegan Dietary Needs, Slow Service, Poor Service
jess z.
jess z.

Fresh food, wonderful flavors...

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2013

I really enjoy the food at Dosai Place. The staff is friendly and helpful, and there are always large families when we go, which is a testament to how yummy the food is. My favorite is the aloo gobi (sorry for the spelling) and my bf's favorite is the special dosa with nuts and spices. The food is rich with spices and heat, which is why we like it there so much.

Pros: Large portions, Good value
Cons: Uncomfortable seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Dosai Place: