Dosa Truck - Food Truck

Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly all-veg but no longer as of spring 2012. Mobile food truck selling a few different flavors of dosas, an Indian crepe served with dips, with or without stuffing; plus masala spiced potato fries. Ghee is used, so vegans need to specify. Parks at various and changing locations, see website. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out only, Non-veg
Greater LA
Los Angeles, California 90027
310-801-1441

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by Chia
Chia
Chia

Okay

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

Here's my Dosa Truck review for happycow. I had heard about this vegetarian Indian food truck from my husband who had happened to see it one day parked on Main Street Santa Monica. He brought home a business card from the truck, and so I went online and noted that it stops at Venice on Abbot Kinney. So I went to check it out.

The menu is simple, basically offering a handful varieties of dosas, Indian crepes with fillings. Choose from the masala dosa (with potato stuffing), to Greek dosa (with feta cheese), sweet potato dosa, mixed vegetables dosa, and a 1 or 2 others. The owner, a woman, told me that ghee is used in everything, but they could accommodate vegans by removing the cheese & ghee in the mixed vegetables.

So I got the masalad dosa and the mixed vegetables. Both came with a tangy red sauce (tomatoes, tamarind) inside. They forgot my coconut chutney (has yoghurt). The dosas are only $6 each, and suitable for a snack, but not a full meal. Two dosas would make a meal. The taste was okay, decent enough though not special. But at least it's all vegetarian (lacto), and that's better than the meat-serving food truck that was parked right next to the Dosa truck!

Pros: okay for lacto-veg
Cons: cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Dosa Truck - Food Truck: