CLOSED: Dosa King

Indian vegetarian restaurant. DEC 2015 REPORTED SHUT WEBSITE GONE. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet
8492 Central Ave NE (85th)
Spring Lake Park, Minnesota 55432
763-780-6940

Mon-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:30pm-8:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm, Sun 5:30pm-8:30pm

First Review by Sylvia Fisher
EverydayTastiness
EverydayTastiness

Great Dosa

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2014

Paper masala dosa is my favorite. The masala inside is delicious as is the chutney. Idli is average and one of the few places to get it in the area. Great to have a veg* only indian restaurant specializing in south indian food.

Pros: Cheap, Lots Of Parking, Tasty
Cons: A Bit Of A Drive
Sylvia Fisher
Sylvia Fisher

My new Favorite Indian Restaurant!

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2010

Not gonna lie, Dosa King is a hike for us (we're in South Minneapolis). But the drive is SO worth it. I think about the food all the time now, and I'm so glad to have an Indian restaurant to fill the void left by Nalapak (never had great service there, but I did like the food). The Dosa King dosai are HUGE, and so great (my fave is the King Spring Dosai chock-full of veggies and Mysore chutney...you can get it with or without cheese too). Even the most expensive one isn't over 10 bucks, and since it can feed two, it's a great deal. We also love the Gobi Manchurian appetizer...spicy cauliflower with just the right hint of crunch. Delish. The service experience was great (they give me lots of extra tamarind chutney!) and we'll definitely be back.

Pros: tasty dosa, fresh veggies, good value
Cons: atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Dosa King: