Previously a weekly dinner now a vegan lunchroom and deli, at this location since Jan 2014. Offers vegan comfort food til 5pm then for takeaway-only until 8pm. Might have club sandwiches and salads, cakes, soups, organic coffee with choice plant milk. Also sells vegan products like cosmetics and bags. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, European, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by eveliene99

Delicious vegan lunch

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

Some months ago I had lunch here, after some research at this website. I had one of the best vegan lunches ever. I ate bread with scrambled tofu and tempeh bacon and mushrooms. Although I try to avoid bread as much as possible, this bread was really worth eating, it was delicious. The food was very tasty. Definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Friendly staff, Very tasty food, Nice interior
Cons: Music a little loud for me

My favorite place in Amsterdam.

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

Good selection, great food, friendly staff. Nothing but

Pros: Fantastic food, Friendly staff
Cons: Gets hot in summer

Wonderful

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

I've been here twice now and this is a really great place to have lunch and/or breakfast. The English Breakfast is delicious, and the staff is super friendly. If you're in Amsterdam it's definitely worth a visit. If you go in after 5pm (I think?) you can no longer order off the full menu, but they'll still have food out that you can buy!

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff

Excellent Vegan Food!

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

I was thrilled to come across Dopheart Restaurant in Amsterdam. It was just a few stops from Central Station by bus, which it made it very easy to get too. I was there for a late lunch and had the Tofu Scramble and a toasted cheese sandwich followed by Chocolate peanut butter brownie (Amazing)
I discovered Dopheart on my last day in the city but had I been staying in Amsterdam for longer, I would have definitely revisited.
The menu was all in Dutch, but the very helpful waitress kindly translated it for me. There is great selection of food ranging from Salads to soups to cakes and even vegan full English breakfasts :)
The cheese used in the toasted sandwich was a particularly good vegan cheese called Wilmersburger, so if any other vegans are on the eternal search for the best vegan cheese, this is great brand to try. I later found it in a vegan shop called Vegabond on Leliegracht 16 in central Amsterdam. This shop is worth a visit to stock up on vegan snacks.

Pros: Great location -Easy to find, 100% Vegan , Good choice of food
Cons: Only two desert options

Love This Place

4 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2014

Cosy little lunchroom, reasonably priced, what I had (lemon/olive seitan sandwich with walnutpesto and a power chai) was delicious and the staff was very friendly. I will definitely return if I'm in the area.

Pros: Reasonably Priced, Interesting Menu , Very Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of DopHert: