Previously a weekly dinner now a vegan lunchroom and deli, at this location since Jan 2014. Offers vegan comfort food til 5pm then for takeaway-only until 8pm. Might have club sandwiches and salads, cakes, soups, organic coffee with choice plant milk. Also sells vegan products like cosmetics and bags. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, European, Beer/Wine, Take-out

EndikaW.Bush
EndikaW.Bush

Yummy

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2014

I had breakfeast at this cafe and everything was excellent. The vegan cheese in my sandwich was a serious thing. Friendly staff. Not cheap but neither very expensive.

Pros: Plenty options, Tasty, Friendly staff
Cons: There's not one in my city
Amy1274
Amy1274

Take-away (eve) - limited choice but great quality

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2014

In the evenings this is a take-away only place (from 5-8), though there are some events - when I visited there was a vegan cookery class taking place! I cannot comment on the lunchtime/eat-in menu, but there were two main dishes available to take-away (either heated or cold), plus some cakes. I had goulash with rice and a muffin (10.50 Euros) - which were fully vegan, as is everything here. The goulash was very nice, was obviously freshly made, and was quite spicy, though the muffin was a little dry. The other option was cous cous, but the menu changes each day. The shop also sells a few vegan-friendly cosmetics and cookbooks. The cook was really friendly too.

Pros: fully vegan, quality, friendly staff
Cons: little expensive, limited choice after 17.00
AlexanderSogolyanov
AlexanderSogolyanov

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

For places like this! One of the most tasty seitan i ever had (and i'm seitan pro guys), superb burger, very tasty desserts and drinks. Prices are OK, the place worth the visit

mut1977
mut1977

Favorite Vegan Place in Amsterdam

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

Dophert is a relief for vegans, vegetarians or just anyone who is looking for a place to have pure food. A cozy restaurant (with a small terrace) in the Amsterdam 'Spaarndammerbuurt' area (20 minute walk from Central Station). Delicious menu with lot of options for breakfast, lunch, juices, teas and sweet (all vegan). The staff is always friendly and I feel very welcome. Tip: after 17:00 they have vegan take-out meals of good quality and reasonable price.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Staff
saku
saku

Nice place!

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2014

This little vegan cafe is just around the corner of the Westerpark.
We had a good breakfast here.
When the waitress realized that we didn't speak Dutch she directly offered us an englisch menu. Lovely!

Advice: The Peanutbutter-Browniecake ist delicious! Try it! :)

Pros: 100% vegan, outdoor seating, nice, friendly staff
Gudrun
Gudrun

Nice vegan lunchroom

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2014

Nice all-vegan lunchroom not far from the popular Haarlemerstraat. Great "cheese" sandwiches and scrambled tofu. Friendly service.

Pros: good food, friendly service, all-vegan
JonJon
JonJon

Beautiful cakes!

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

We had breakfast in this small cute vegan café. The place is nice even if the location is not central. We took a vegan cappuccino and a latte with the vegan breakfast. It is composed of two slices of good bread with jam and hummus and a fresh juice. Everything was good and affordable (6,50 euros for the breakfast and drinks). We also try their cakes since they looked gorgeous: and they were so! The chocolate-peanut butter cake was so beautiful, as well as their creamy carrot cake...

They also offer an english breakfast, but only on weekend. Salted dishes are only available from noon (and they looked good!), that makes options for breakfast a bit limited (in comparison to Koffie ende Koecke for example) and we can't take away their sandwiches.

Pros: amazing cakes, 100% vegan, affordable, nice place
Cons: limited options for breakfast, location
VeganSienna
VeganSienna

Delicious vegan lunch

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

Some months ago I had lunch here, after some research at this website. I had one of the best vegan lunches ever. I ate bread with scrambled tofu and tempeh bacon and mushrooms. Although I try to avoid bread as much as possible, this bread was really worth eating, it was delicious. The food was very tasty. Definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Friendly staff, Very tasty food, Nice interior
Cons: Music a little loud for me
P-bun
P-bun

My favorite place in Amsterdam.

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

Good selection, great food, friendly staff. Nothing but

Pros: Fantastic food, Friendly staff
Cons: Gets hot in summer
minrathous
minrathous

Wonderful

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

I've been here twice now and this is a really great place to have lunch and/or breakfast. The English Breakfast is delicious, and the staff is super friendly. If you're in Amsterdam it's definitely worth a visit. If you go in after 5pm (I think?) you can no longer order off the full menu, but they'll still have food out that you can buy!

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff
kezia
kezia

Excellent Vegan Food!

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

I was thrilled to come across Dopheart Restaurant in Amsterdam. It was just a few stops from Central Station by bus, which it made it very easy to get too. I was there for a late lunch and had the Tofu Scramble and a toasted cheese sandwich followed by Chocolate peanut butter brownie (Amazing)
I discovered Dopheart on my last day in the city but had I been staying in Amsterdam for longer, I would have definitely revisited.
The menu was all in Dutch, but the very helpful waitress kindly translated it for me. There is great selection of food ranging from Salads to soups to cakes and even vegan full English breakfasts :)
The cheese used in the toasted sandwich was a particularly good vegan cheese called Wilmersburger, so if any other vegans are on the eternal search for the best vegan cheese, this is great brand to try. I later found it in a vegan shop called Vegabond on Leliegracht 16 in central Amsterdam. This shop is worth a visit to stock up on vegan snacks.

Pros: Great location -Easy to find, 100% Vegan , Good choice of food
Cons: Only two desert options
Lolamoviola
Lolamoviola

great!

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2014

Dophert is delicious good food!

eveliene99
eveliene99

Love This Place

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2014

Cosy little lunchroom, reasonably priced, what I had (lemon/olive seitan sandwich with walnutpesto and a power chai) was delicious and the staff was very friendly. I will definitely return if I'm in the area.

Pros: Reasonably Priced, Interesting Menu , Very Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of DopHert: