DIY-style donut shop offering option to create your own donut. Has vegan options like vegan chocolate mousse. more-less

First Review by ParkerPixie
Snowflakelovee
Snowflakelovee

yum !

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Vegan donuts, coffee/latte selections, and friendly service?!? Could this place get any better?!? Seriously, I go out of my way to go here, and even when I move to Burbank soon I'll still go out of by way to here. :-)

Pros: vegan donuts !!!!
Cons: The hours
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

vegan options

4 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2014

We stopped by Donut Friend for a snack and coffee. You can either DIY or pick one of their compilations. The vegan items are denoted with an asterisk. The traditional and gluten free donuts are vegan as are all the glazes. The chocolate and vanilla cakes are not. The toppings and fillings are numerous and marked. We got the Bacon 182 with coconut bacon and the Custard Front Drive with vegan cream. Both were tasty. Dirk got an iced black coffee, but I wanted to get an au lait and asked if they had almond or soy milk as it wasn't listed on the menu. She said both which was surprising and pleasant. As we sat eating, we noticed the apple fritters in the display case and found out they are vegan, so we took them to go. Overall, it was a nice experience although I wish it was all vegan.

Pros: vegan options , good coffee
Cons: serves meat and dairy
ParkerPixie
ParkerPixie

Oh. My. Yum.

5 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2013

Are you kidding me? A vegan raised donut with maple glaze and coconut bacon? How did I live without this in my life? I've also had the "Fudgegazi" with vegan chocolate mousse, vegan chocolate glaze and vegan sprinkles. So good! Next time I'm going to try their vegan vanilla pastry cream. I wanted to keep eating but thought I might hate myself a little if I demolished 3 donuts.

Pros: The vegan options are plenty, Everything is delicious, Staff was sweet as honey

Dear Owner and Manager of Donut Friend: