Serves meat, veg options available. Burrito and tacos eatery. Vegans need to specify because cheese is used. Has a soyrizo filling and sometimes a vegan tamale choices with soyrizo, harvest veggie, pumpkin spice, or pina colada (call ahead to check). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

cferroni
cferroni

Fabulous Vegan Burrito!

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

The veggie burrito with no cheese was delicious. Tasted fresh and was more than reasonable! Love it!

KatieMae
KatieMae

Awesome taco/burrito place!

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2012

We stopped here for lunch and were so excited to find it! It's the kind of place a non-local (aka me) would miss without happycow. Its a small shop that has a very extensive menu of tacos, burritos, chimichanga, nacho etc. A lot of vegetarian options. Under the menu there is a sign to let them know if you are vegan, which I did, and she rambled off all the many options she would make vegan for me. It was great! The food we had was delicious too! We had the vegan bean burrito and the vegetarian relleno burrito with copious amounts of the yummy sauces in squeeze jars on the table. They also offer some beer and soda. Friendly service in a really laid back atmosphere. My only con is that I wish I could have extended my stomach to try more!

Pros: Great selection, many vegan options, so delicious!
little_bit
little_bit

Awesome taco shop

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2011

This place was fantastic! I love Mexican food but am always worried about lard and stock and I felt totally comfortable eating here. I had the Soyrizo burrito and it was SO good. The owner was super friendly and chatted with us the whole time. I will definitely be coming back here next time I'm in Southern California!

Pros: Veggie-friendly!, Soyrizo, Friendly staff

johnsonfamilyzoo
johnsonfamilyzoo

Wonderful, Wonderful!

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2010

I can't believe I'm the first to review this place! Don Carlos is really this little taco stand. There are a few inside seats, but it was really stuffy inside from the kitchen- it's really tiny inside! There is lots of outdoor seating though. I didn't mind sitting outside since it was a nice day, and fun to watch everything and everyone go by.

Although they offer many meat items, there is a very good selection of vegan and vegetarian items. The menu even says to let them know if you are vegan, so they skip the cheese. The beans and rice are free of lard & broth. This is also mentioned on their menu.

I really had a hard time choosing, with all the vegan options. I think all the vegan choices made me think I was hungrier than I actually was... I got 2 different vegan tamales- one with veggies, the other with soyrizo. Both were good, but I preferred the soyrizo because it was a bit spicy. I got the tamale "meal", so it had rice and beans- both good. We also had the guac and chips. Good and the guac is vegan (some places add sour cream). Both sauces we had were good as well- a red sauce and a green sauce. They came squirt bottles, which was fun to squirt on your food.

Pros: great vegan choices, good prices, big portions
Cons: stuffy inside with little seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Don Carlos Taco Shop: