Serves meat, veg options available. San Francisco style burrito bar with vegan choices for burrito, clearly marked with green hearts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Mexican, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 7 (near Alexanderplatz)
Berlin, Germany
030-28099597
Closed now

Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-10:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by Elven
EmilyBennett3050
EmilyBennett3050

Two vegan options clearly marked on the menu!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

The two vegan burrito options include a mild choice with beans, salad and a rice mix, and another with soy meat and pepper. The service was slow and the place was very busy, but the food was economically priced and reasonably good quality for what it is. Filling and satisfying. Waiters can become confused when asking to substitute ingredients or sauces to personalize the burrito.

Pros: Good location by Alexanderplatz, vegan options marked
Cons: Not extensive for veggies, need to be explicit when ordering
TracyLT
TracyLT

Delicious

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

I loved Dolores. Burritos are large and tasty and quite affordable. Vegan and vegetarian options available.

Pros: Large portions, Delicious, Affordable
piniva
piniva

DELICIOUS

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

I LOVE IT! BIG PORTION FINALLY IT MAKES YOU HAPPY :-)

marcbr
marcbr

Nope!

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

Many vegan options, which is great. However the burrito was not very tasty. Many things in it, but we all felt that it was not well prepared.
The Nachos and guacamole are very good though. Burritos around 5,5€

Pros: Cheap, Big servings, Many vegan options
Cons: Tasteless = boring
Merryaurora
Merryaurora
  • herbivore

Every bite was amazing!

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

I visited Dolores last spring with my father and we both were very satisfied with the food. :)

I myself liked a lot of the service and playing around with different vegan alternatives. The black beans in my burrito were a perfectly smooth and tasted amazing with avocado and lime-marinated soy bits. The burrito was huge and satisfying and the ingredients seemed fresh. Also the strawberry-coconut drink that I picked was tasty and fresh, perfectly balancing the spices of the burrito.

The restaurant was clean and big. Location was good and easily-accessible.

Pros: Big, satisfying portions, Location, Options for vegans
paperbagblog
paperbagblog

Best burritos in the world!

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

I love this place. Loads of vegan options on the menu, relaxed atmosphere and great value for money. Try the lemonade, you won't regret it! Last time I went the tortilla chips were very greasy and not how I remember them, but the guacamole was brilliant.

Pros: Loads of vegan options clearly marked.
Stevie
Stevie

Dolores, Berlin

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

I had a great burrito when I went here. Its not a fancy pants kind of place if that is what you are looking for. If you are though looking for something quick, tasty and good value bang for your buck, its well worth going to.

A shame it isn't 100% vego (or wasn't when I went but this was around 2008). If it was all vego I'd defo rate it higher.

Pros: Great value vegan burritos
Cons: Not 100% vego
J-Veg
J-Veg

The best burritos in Berlin?

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

The burritos here are absolutely amazing! You can simply chose from one of the two vegan burritos on the list of “classic” burritos, or make your own creating with a wide variety of vegan ingredients, including delicious salsa, rice, beans and fajita veggies, soya “meat”, guacamole and “pink onions”. If you ask, they are also able to prepare the burritos with a whole meal tortilla.

You can also order your burrito as a bowl, and get they come with delicious, freshly made corn chips instead of a tortilla. There are also “quesadilla” and the homemade lemonade is also very good.

I go here at least twice a month and would certainly recommend it as a quick, fresh and healthy meal.

Pros: Delicious, Quick, Reasonable value
wiebkewie
wiebkewie

They now serve homemade Seitan!

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2013

Absolutely fantastic! First I was bummed that their vegan mole is not on the menu anymore, but their homemade seitan, either w/ lime or spiced up, is amazing!!! Also, try the whole wheat burrito wraps. Delicious!

HeffideVeganas
HeffideVeganas

...

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

The "Dolores vegan" Burrito is the easiest and fastest option for vegans and really delicious.

Cantona1983
Cantona1983

really good food

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

we come here every time we visit berlin - it is so yummy - the only downside is, i would love to try another tofu but the lime one cos the mole is a bit to spicy, but maybe that's asking a lot ;)

Pros: delicious, good price
Senficon
Senficon

Try the tofu mole!

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2012

The fact that a lot of American expats frequent this place is a good sign in terms of authentic burritos. Definitely try the tofu mole, it's most delicious and the chocolatey flavor makes this burrito something special. Huge portions!

Pros: cheap, many options
Cons: little room to sit
goddess.pain
goddess.pain

Just try it!

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2012

There's not much to say: These burritos are not from this world! YUMMY as hell! You can choose whatever you want to have in them and prices are reasonable. Meat, vegetarian, and vegan options available. If you like Mexican food, just give it a try and you most likely won't regret it!

Pros: cheap, tasty, hot sauces available :)
Cons: not all vegan
ekatuo
ekatuo

Tasty and big Vegan burrito

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2011

We saw the text Vegan burrito in the menu and decided to give it a try. To my suprise the burrito was rather big and; tasty! I took the tofu burrito with tofu, black beans, rice, grilled zucchini and guacamole.
The place was very busy and not very cosy to eat in, but if you need something vegan to keep you gong for the day I recommend!

Pros: Taste, size, price
Cons: busy, interior
dansette
dansette

Best burrito ever

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2011

There are two different vegan soy meat options and the burritos are as big as your head!

goodcatch
goodcatch

Unique burritos

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2011

Hard to find but worth the trek. Great burritos (or bowls) with your choice of meat...or tofu. Usually I'm happy with one veggie option. Here I had two: lime tofu and tofu mole. I had the mole and it was great. They have a second location on the west side. If you like burritos, make sure to try Dolores.

Pros: Tofu options, portion, inexpensive
Cons: Hard to find, busy place
celeste
celeste

Really great burritos

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2011

We went to Dolores after going to the TV tower,so it's a good location for us tourists. They had a really fun menu with all types of burritos,soups,and several other things. Both my husband and I got Dolores Vegan (or was it Vegan Dolores?) burritos. It had rice,lime tofu,black beans,and guacamole. Maybe some other things,but I forget. I wish that we could have gone back for their soups,which looked great. Anyway,the burrito was HUGE,so only get the burrito if you're really hungry,otherwise,get something else. We also had them put the habanero salsa instead of the salsa verde. Word to the wise,if you are sensitive in any way to spicy food,stay away from this!! I LOVE spicy,and near the end,it almost was too spicy (almost,though). But if you're like me and like think the spicier the better,than go for it,it will not disappoint! Also,I think that they have whole wheat tortilla shells,which I couldn't seem to find on the menu. I saw some others with whole wheat shells. I wish I had known that,since I hate eating white,processed breads,so,once again,if you're like me,I suggest to ask at the register.
i don't have much negative to say about the place. They have several picnic tables and benches outside so you can eat,community-style,out in the sun,weather permitting,and many tables inside. Try not to go during lunch rush,and it does get quite hectic,but it's still OK,we found a place to sit quite easily.
I highly recommend Dolores,the food is fresh,fun,cheap and reasonably healthy,especially if you get the whole wheat tortilla shells. I would definitely go back!

Pros: Fast, Delicious, inexpensive
Cons: a little loud,sometimes, doesn't offer whole wheat at counter, only a few veg options
wildfang
wildfang

Great eating experience in Berlin

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2011

When entering this place, I was surprised how swarming with people it was - when I left, I no longer was. I am definitely going to go there again soon. For today, I wasn't tooo hungry, so I ordered a (normal sized) classic vegan burrito which was reasonably filling and super delicious. This was the first time I've tried burritos or Mexican/Californian food and I really wasn't disappointed.
The fresh juice (carrot and apple in my case) was really good and good value (0,4 l for 3€) too.
I was also told they make sure that vegan and vegetarian meals are prepared separately from meat dishes - something not every meat serving place will take so seriously.
Total recommendation from me!

Pros: Very good value food, Vegan food prepared in separate equipmen, Friendly people
Cons: Less meat on the menu is always good
aadams1217
aadams1217
  • non-vegetarian

It's like "moe's," but in Germany

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2010

The format of this burrito place reminded me a lot of Moe's Southwest Grill in the U.S. (or Chipotle, if you're not familiar with Moe's). You pick your rice, beans, protein and veggies. You can veganize it very easily since you're the one designing the burrito. And the burritos are pretty big. Very tasty.

Pros: big portion, tasty food
Cons: a tad spicy for me
corinal
corinal

Amazing vegan burritos!!!

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

I LOVE the Dolores Vegan burrito. I seriously ate as many of these as I possibly could during my four days there. And I would always get one to go as well so I would have a meal for later. It reminds me of the vegan burritos at Taco del Mar in the U.S. which I also love.

Pros: Amazing food, Wonderful vegan options, English-speaking
Cons: Small space, Crowded
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Great vegan burritos!

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2010

The "Dolores Vegan Burrito" was pretty great! It came with lime tofu, black beans, veggies, salsa, guacamole, and brown rice. It was huge and tasted VERY good. I really loved the way they cooked the tofu and loved all the other flavors too. There were a few other vegan burritos and also a 'your own way' menu too. If you're going to Alexander Platz for the day I'd say this would be the perfect place to grab lunch.

lucyblack74
lucyblack74

Dolores, Berlin

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2010

This is a great wee place! It's cafe/fast food style - you order at the food bar then when your number comes up you go and collect it. It's a relaxed, laid back atmosphere and we were very comfortable. We had absolutely delicious wraps here, and it was very easy to establish the vegan options. Their home made lemondade is lovely too. Staff were friendly. I would happily eat here again.

Pros: Lovely food, Relaxed atmosphere, Helpful staff
veggiewoman
veggiewoman

awesome place

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2010

We loved it here and ate here a few times in 3 days. Burritos are huge, and there is even more than one option for vegans! They do a nice big gazpucho and many salads as well. You can also get burrito filling without the burrito or quesidillas.

Pros: cheap, filling, yummy
Lauria
Lauria

huray for burrito's

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2009

I found this a good place to eat something. I liked the fact that there where organic drinks and two standard vegan options to choose from. And if you wanted you could choose what you wanted on your burrito yourself. So there was something for every taste. I also liked the decoration, it was a very trendy place.

Pros: 2 vegan options, nice staff, good value
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

I'm still dreaming about my Dolores burrito!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2009

The other reviews don't clearly describe how rock'n this place is! The burritos are freak'n huge, but you can have them done your way, how ever you so choose! The place is nice and in a convenient location. Finding Mexican food in Europe is NOT easy, Cali Mex forget about it! This is the only place to get your burrito on properly in all of Europe. Dolores does it right! Honestly, we could use one here in Los Angeles!

Pros: HUGE BURRITOS, fresh place
Elven
Elven

Vegan burrito!

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2009

Don't pass this place by, thinking it's "just a mexican fastfood-joint" (meaning meat, meat, and nothing but meat)! Yes they do have meat, but also a truly great 100% vegan burrito (well, 2 actually - a normal and a giant version: a huge dose of fresh vegs wrapped in a tortilla (wholemeal available). Can also be served as a "burrito bowl" with tortilla chips. The best thing os, you pick and choose all ingredients yourself at the bar, and it is prepared in no time. Options include spicy tofu with cocoa ("mole tofu"), tofu with lime, fajita veggies, spanish rice, black beans, five different sauces, fresh guacamole. Sour cream and cheese available for the vegetarians. Also fresh soups, juices and lemonades. Dirt cheap, considering the huge amount of food you get. Spicy sauce-lovers - be prepared for the jalapeno hotsauce; the fiercest we ever came across!

Pros: Huge portions, very affordable, super-fast
Cons: Too much onions :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Dolores: