CLOSED: Dolci Caffe

Dolci Italian Dessert Bakery and Gelateria expanded into Caffe Dolci, offering a full espresso/cappucino/coffee menu. Offers gourmet sandwiches, salads, soup, pizza, lasagna, quiche, muffins and more for breakfast. Not pure veg, uses dairy and eggs, but has vegan cakes, cupcakes, special treats and cookies. Previously located on Grant Street. Reported closed to HappyCow. more-less
802 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14222
716-882-5956, 716-310-4918

Open Mon-Thu 10.00-20.00, Fri 10.00-21.00, Sat 10.00-22.00, Sun 10.00-21.00.

First Review by nygeekgirl
KayleighDavis
KayleighDavis

I was vegan until Dolci screwed up my order!

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

The review title says it all. I ordered one of their so-called vegan cakes and wound up eating eggs. Thanks Dolci.

I would never have known except that I stopped in to tell them they had put the incorrect flavor frosting on the cake. (We had ordered vanilla frosting and got chocolate. Whatever... no biggie, right?) Well, when I asked to see the sales slip that they had used for my order - I saw - sure enough - it was either written down wrong - or this was someone else's order - this was obvious because there was no mention of 'vegan' on the sales slip either.

Yeppers - sure enough - the cake we ate wasn't vegan! Worse yet, Dolci blamed me! I was told that I *must* have ordered the cake wrong. I've never had quite such a negative experience with any business.

Trust me - every single time I order *anything* I am certain to check (as I'm sure you do, too). This choice is WAY too important to me than to be anything but thorough - especially when ordering food that may have animal products that are not immediately obvious.

I could *almost* forgive this if it wasn't that all the blame was placed squarely on me. Dolci offered no apology, no reparation, nothing. Even if it was an *accident* or they were *careless* I might be able to set it aside - but since they decided to simply *Blame the Customer* I have to take the time to write this review.

(Side note - the cake was crummy. At least if it were good I could say something positive - but it wasn't good at all).

If you're in Buffalo - check out other places (even though I know there's not a lot of choices) - but I would check out Spot Coffee, The Lexingtop Co-Op, Merge, or "The Eights" (888 Main Street). All of these have vegan options and are a lot friendlier and dependable than Dolci. Sorry! :o)

Cons: Incorrect Order, Poor Taste, Poor Service
pinkbubble
pinkbubble

Great vegan treats and friendly staff

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2011

Great little place that always has a selection of some vegan items! Extreamly friendly staff; everyone is always smiling and very helpful, which makes me want to stop in even if I don't need the extra calories that day.

Pros: great prices, vegan goods, friendly staff
Cons: not all vegan
nygeekgirl
nygeekgirl

Wonderful Vegan Baked goods

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2010

Dolci has wonderful vegan baked goods as well as other goodies available including some awesome sorbets--the pickled ginger is one of our favs.

Pros: location, very friendly staff
Cons: parking

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Dolci Caffe: