Serves meat, veg options available. "Farm to table" restaurant that partners with local farmers to serve only locally grown and organic food. Vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
107 Doe Bay Road Olga
Orcas Island, Washington 98279
360-376-8059

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by kindlizard
kindlizard
kindlizard

liars

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

I made a reservation a month in advance. The call lasted 15 to 20 minutes since we have some special needs that needed to be clarified. All points were checked with the person I talked to in front of house to the chefs and all points were cleared.

Upon entering the waitress told me that despite the notes on the reservation they were only willing to serve me olives or nuts. Oh, and a modified kale salad (the usual one has way much dairy etc). I was promised a real meal; the lady was telling me essentially to go take a hike. I told her I don't eat olives and I had cashews and walnuts in the car. After telling her how pissed I was she said the chef would make something for me, which was rice noodles and radishes. Odd combo? Yea, it sucked.

The waitress accused me of talking w someone not qualified to take my reservation and that I was mistaken in the context and content of the call. I waited and heard on the call her asking for clarity. They accused me, an insult topping insult. Whatever

This place is for fake hippies who think yoga is for the upper crust who enjoy killing animals and taking from them. Their homemade bread isn't even vegan, they egg wash it. Well thanks a lot! That sure doesn't alienate the seekers of light you claim to be and serve. They lied to every person that came in, also. A couple wanted a table and said their empty cafe was fully booked.

If you are into fake ass phonies who like to kill fish and take from animals like its going out of style so you can eat bland ass poorly cooked noodles while your omni amigos slurp their flesh on your face, then this place is for you! Or pay $10 for a bowl of almonds...

ITs as though they want to be Breitenbush, but Bbush is vegan. Wtf! What yogi kills as many animals as you? Demeans the plant eaters?!

I would suggest that you find alternatives closer to everywhere else, this place is infuriating. false-hearted fakers. Dont fake the funk, dont call yourselves a yoga retreat, just say a place for brutality run by brutal bullies.

Pros: view
Cons: funk fakers, liars & phonies, animal killers

Dear Owner and Manager of Doe Bay Cafe: