Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe offering many vegetarian and vegan dishes like salads, sandwiches made with soy faux meat, scrambled tofu breakfast. Drinks include hot chocolate and coffee with almond milk, organic tea. Located next to the French Embassy in the old city, Casco Antiguo, which has been renovated and is visited by tourists every day. Has Wi-Fi. Houses a gallery on the second floor. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, International, Western, Buffet, Non-veg

Siup
Siup

disappointing but good ingredients

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2016

After having read the previous reviews I had very high expectations about this place. I must say I was a little disappointed. I ordered a vegan salmon sandwich, but it was not available. So, I chose a vegan turkey sandwich. It came with a very good salad (olive oil was very good) but the sandwich itself was pretty flavorless. Nothing really special unfortunately. My husband ordered a vegan Caesar salad, which came without the "vegan chicken", just salad, sauce, croutons and some cheese... All the ingredients were good, but after it, he was still very hungry. We had a vegan banana chocolate cake at the end, I must say it was delicious. I did not like very much the experience, the place was very small, music sad and air conditioning freezing.
Updated from previous review on Monday February 08, 2016

Pros: location , good healthy ingredients , vegan dessert
Cons: recipes not great , sad atmosphere , freezing AC
JK
JK

Awesome Sunday Brunch spot!!!!

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2016

Most veggie restaurants are closed on Sundays in Panama City (to my dismay).

However, this cafe is well worth the cab ride, walk, or whatever. Located in the old part of the city, it has quaint outdoor patio seating, a Sunday brunch buffet and will make vegan specials!

As a vegan, when I arrived from the buffet I ate delicious potato croquettes, super garlicky grilled vegetables (zucchini, peppers, onions, etc.), and a plate of fresh fruit (papaya, melon, pineapple, etc.).

I was then brought a plate of two large vegan pancakes, which seemed to be made with whole grain buckwheat flour (they use almond milk), with a bowl of 'syrup' that as a Canadian (used to maple syrup) I traded for their delicious fruit-preserve (passion fruit I think).

I was then brought a plate of scrambled tofu (made with tomatoes and rosemary) alongside 3 small fresh-baked whole grain toast slices with fruit preserve. Not the best scrambled tofu I have had, but very good. The pancakes were light and fluffy and I was so full that I survived almost the entire day and the flight home without eating again (although I did take one of the pancakes with me for the plane).

I also had a "tea" which was more like sangria without the wine. Full of fruit and very refreshing!

Definitely recommended for Sunday brunch. Go with your omnivore friends and everyone will be well fed and happy!

Pros: Lovely atmosphere and outdoor seating, Delicious vegan brunch selections, Hearty portions
Cons: Slightly hard to find, "tea" isn't hot or caffeinated , Hard to stop eating
Ismarix
Ismarix

Awsome Place

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2015

I just went last night for the first time to Dodó to celebrate my birthday. The staff was very friendly, the vegan options are listed on the menu and they also indicated us which deserts were vegan.
I had the vegan turkey sandwhich in the white bread, a rooibos berry tea and chips. I also tried half of the vegan salmon sandwich from my friend and both were awsome.
The cranberry cake was delicious, but the deserts usually change.
I'm looking forward to go next time to try their sunday brunch, they offer a bunch of vegan options for a fixed price of $18 and it's an all you can eat buffet, but you have to ask them for the vegan options to be prepared specially for you because they won't be mixed with the rest of the food.
Overall great service, great food and the music was awsome as well (french bossa nova)
I'd definitely be coming back

Pros: A bunch of vegan options, Service, Location
Cons: none

GabrielaM.Corimanya
GabrielaM.Corimanya

Excellent

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2014

I love Dodo, the food is awesome and the place is beautiful. You can have a tea with a delicious vegan dessert.

Pros: Delicious food , good price , beautiful place and good music
    Dodo Bon Pan Cafe

Thanks Nancy for your positive comments on Dodo. We try to do everything at Dodo with lots of love and passion, so ww enjoy when our guests like their experience.

Dodo Bon Pan Cafe

Thanks so much for your positive comments. It's so pleasant to see our customers happy from what we do with lots of Love.

Nancy Cadet
Nancy Cadet

Great food, great location

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

This friendly, air conditioned cafe is located on the Plaza de Francia in Casco Viejo, just opposite the INAC building and the staircase leading to the scenic harbor walkway above "las bovedas" . This is a haven for vegans, vegetarians and anyone who is looking for healthy food: breakfast, lunch and dinner with vegan options & home baked bread at reasonable prices. Breakfast dishes like assorted fruit plate or pancakes are $4, a selection of tofu or roasted veggie sandwiches with a side salad are about $7.50, a daily special like eggplant pasta or zucchini -soy cheese casserole is $11. Unsweetened fruit drinks (papaya, watermelon, lemonade), coffee, tea and wine are available, desserts & gluten free items too. Free wifi, a quiet , welcoming atmosphere .

Pros: Open 7 days, Many vegan options, Fast, friendly service

Dear Owner and Manager of Dodo Bon Pan Cafe: