Serves meat, veg options available. Music venue and art gallery. Has vegetarian pizzas and a vegan cheese option. Price: Moderate more-less
American, Non-veg
7519 Grandview Ave (Wadsworth & 58th)
Arvada, Colorado 80002
303-463-6683

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by ladenedge
betsyfarmer
betsyfarmer

Dissappointed

2 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2013

I went there last night hoping to have some good pizza (with vegan cheese). When I asked the waiter about it, he said they don't offer vegan cheese anymore. (It is, however, still on the menu listed on their website.) They didn't have blackened tofu like the menu advertised either. I would not recommend going to dnote on nights they have Geeks Who Drink trivia, unless you are going to play. The announcer was really loud!

Pros: Nice location, Decent food, Handsome waiter
Cons: Outdated menu on their website, Noisy
smasheasy
smasheasy

Food = excellent, Music = too loud

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2012

The pizzas were some of the best pizza I've ever had in 50 years. Jus' sayin'. Especially the vegan option for rinotta cheese. My family (we were having a little reunion here) loved the pizzas and salads, too. The food was 5 star. The music was about 6 db too loud for a restaurant though. The server had a hard time hearing our orders, and in the end omitted one pizza (for our birthday girl, unfortunately!) and for the rest of the family it was like a game of "telephone" to communicate. The performers were good, don't get me wrong. The sound level would be appropriate for a music venue. But they just need to notch it down a bit during dinner service. Just a bit, really. I thoroughly enjoyed my DNote experience, but some of the rest of my family were a little annoyed by the volume. As a side note: one of our party is handicap, and in a wheelchair. The staff at DNote were wonderful about accommodating us, and her needs. Hence 5 stars, even though Happy Cow will only let me give 4 since they serve meat/cheese there. Arvada is an up and coming happening place. DNote is pretty cool.

Pros: Excellent Pizza, Vegan Cheese xo, Handicap Friendly
Cons: Music a bit too loud
jomadyer
jomadyer

You won't be disappointed at DNote!

4 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2012

We enjoy our frequent visits to DNote. They offer a variety of vegetarian and even a few vegan options, and do them well. We especially like their pizzas on whole wheat crust. Paired with a full bar and good music, it's a regular stop on our walks to Olde Town.

Pros: great variety of menu items, reasonably priced, funky , fun atmosphere
Cons: FYI - many kid-friendly activities
kim_denver
kim_denver

Good vegan pizza

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2010

The vegan pizza at DNote was quite tasty. It was made differently than a lot of the vegan pizzas I've had lately, and I would highly recommend it. The unfortunate thing was I went on a Friday night around 6:00. A very loud band started playing at 6:30, which seemed early to me. I was having dinner with my mom, and we didn't know there would be a band. If you want that happy-hour, loud feeling, this is a great place. If you want a dinner where you can talk, be sure to check the schedule and make sure no band is playing. That would stop me from returning. But the food and service were great.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff
Cons: loud band and bar atmosphere
junebug21r
junebug21r

Great Pizza

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2009

There is the biggest selection of vegetarian pizza I have seen, and it tastes great. You can also create your own pizza. Most of the sauces are vegan and they have a vegan cheese too.

Pros: hip urban setting, cool music, vegan pizza
Cons: music may be loud

ladenedge
ladenedge

Excellent vegan pizza

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2009

The D-note is perhaps the most unique restaurant/bar in its area. Fun art lines the brick walls, and you never quite know what sort of music will be playing on their small stage. We've seen everything from transcendental blues (?) to high school big bands! Hipsters will feel right at home here.

The primary edible attraction will likely be the many strange vegetarian pizzas. Whether it's topped with tofu or pine nuts, you probably haven't tasted a pizza quite like the D-note's. This is doubly true for vegans, who will be pleasantly surprised to find not only a home-made vegan ricotta-like cheese, but also a multitude of clearly marked vegan-friendly pizza sauces.

This is one of our favorite spots, but vegans should take care to be clear on their choices as we've been incorrectly given cow's cheese on multiple occasions when servers were busy.

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Hipster atmosphere
Cons: Sometimes careless staff, Sometimes loud

Dear Owner and Manager of DNote: