Divine Realm Vegie Delight

Veggie eatery situated in a mini food court under the Cambridge International School. Food is without onion, garlic, shallots, or chives. Offers different size lunch boxes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

• Cash only

First Review by KingKong
ben5
ben5

Simply fabulous food - don't miss out.

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2015

I discovered this absolute gem, hidden away in a CBD foodcourt about 6 months ago and I have been an almost daily visitor for lunch ever since. The food is fresh and fabulously tasty, my favourites are the pumpkin in special sauce, the curry with tofu and the mock duck. Though I have loved everything I tried, even the 'bitter melon'. There are always a range of options including plenty of greens and brown rice too if you don' fancy fired rice or noodles. The staff/management are friendly and the value for money is excellent, a large (3 dishes and rice/noodles) with a drink comes in at $9. An absolute bargain and very filling. When I became Vegan I was not fussed by mock meats but this place would fool my meat eating friends no problem. I could not recommend it more highly.

Pros: fabulously tasty, value for money, express service
Cons: no tip jar
miawmiaw
miawmiaw

Good food, low prices

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2015

It's great to have such a place in Melbourne CBD. Food is good and delicious at rather low prices. I always try to make a stop in the city either to eat there or do a take-away. My non-veg colleagues like it too.

Pros: Variety, Large serving size
Cons: Oily at times.
Fred Phillips
Fred Phillips

Cheap and tasty

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2014

Very happy to have stumbled across this place totally by accident today. It's just a little take-away joint in what is a very basic (if not shabby) food court. There's a bain marie with a few pre-cooked options, most of which looked inviting. Then they will also make up some other dishes from scratch - noodles and noodle soups, fried rice and stuff. I had Singapore Noodles which was vegan and which featured tofu, mock pork and mock beef. Very tasty and I would get it again. Quite a lot of options. Look forward to returning and trying out other stuff.

Pros: Good value, tasty, mainly vegan
Cons: Crummy food court decor (but who cares?)

beancurdled
beancurdled

tasty convenience

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2014

It's rare that I'm up this end of town but have stopped in here a couple of times and have always been surprised by the freshness and quality of the food, given that it's sitting waiting for you in the bain-marie.

It's cheap! $5.50 for one dish with steamed brown rice, fried rice, or fried noodles, $6.50 for two dishes, $7.50 for three. When I've been there, the offerings have always been two dishes heavy on fake meat, and two lighter vegetable based dishes. There's also a menu of about ten dishes cooked to order for $9 - Malaysian and Singaporean faves such as char kuey teow and Singapore noodles - but I'm yet to try any of those. A notorious Scrooge, and failing health nut, I go for brown rice and the two healthier looking dishes and have always walked away satisfied.

I don't mind the food court vibe at all. With a bit of imagination, sitting at communal tables with students and CBD workers takes me back to visits to KL. The only thing that really irks me is that whether you eat in or take-away your food gets dished onto or into disposable plastic plates or containers. However, the staff are relaxed and super friendly so I reckon if you brought your own container and asked them to fill it up, they'd be happy to oblige. I'm gonna give this a go next time.

Overall, based on price, quality, and friendly interactions with staff and fellow food court diners, I feel good about eating at Devine Realm and probably will again.

Pros: CHEAP! , friendly, brown rice + other healthier options
Cons: disposable plastic everything
KingKong
KingKong

Nice little takeaway

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2013

Basically a takeaway located at a vocational school with a few other little takeaways. The big problem with this place is it's opening hours, it's at the mercy of the school so strictly business hours and no weekends.
That said, the food's good and in a nice little (hidden) location.
You can order fresh cooked or just get the pre-cooked stuff.
We had their XO noodles.

Pros: Food, Location
Cons: Opening hours, Visibility

Dear Owner and Manager of Divine Realm Vegie Delight: