District of Pi Pizzeria

Serves meat, veg options available. Pizzeria offering Daiya vegan cheese and a vegan sausage topping. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by shoppingviv
happyfeetadan
happyfeetadan

HORRIBLE SERVICE

1 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2014

This pizzeria looked good and it is vegan-friendly, but as your creating your own pie and smelling the sweet aroma of freshly baked pies, you better expect to wait a good minute. My brother and I went there for an early lunch and they were packed but we got a seat. However, you didn't see servers moving around checking on their tables, all I saw was a bunch of them congregating near the bar. So for over 15 minutes, we sat at one of the high tables, directly behind the hostess (2 were on that day) to make matters worse. Not once did anyone come to bring us water, check on us, or take our order. Either they don't communicate well with each other or they didn't care. No remorse for neglecting us, the hostess acted like they didnt know we hadn't been served or attended to, when they clearly looked at us several times after we sat. I would NEVER recommend this place, even if it usually isn't like that. First impressions and SERVICE are highly important, even if their pizzas are good according to all other reviews. Judge it yourself or your better off finding something else. You can never go wrong with Chiptole and they are several in DC, if you can't think of or find anywhere else.

Cons: SERVICE , SERVICE, SERVICE
ke1iana
ke1iana

Make your own vegan pizza

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

Not many places offer a customizable vegan pizza on their menu. This was quite a treat for us out-of-towners. The thin crust is vegan and if you call a day or two ahead, you can request them to make the deep dish crust vegan special (they need time to let it rise). They are very accommodating and even let you do half and half if you're sharing with someone and don't double charge you for toppings. The only little thing I would change is that it was a bit greasy, but would go back for sure.

Pros: Vegan crust and vegan cheese, Customizable, Cool atmosphere, friendly
Cons: Pricey, A tad greasy
Tope
Tope

Vegan Pizza

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

Thin crust vegan pizza with fresh ingridients.
A little bit on the expensive site, but it's worth it.
You can preatty much costomize your pizza however you want it and they even have gluten free dough.

Pros: lots of ingridients

IndyVeganFamily
IndyVeganFamily

Best Vegan Pizza Experience EVER!

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2013

I met a (non-vegan) colleague for dinner here and was not disappointed! We enjoyed the hummus plate as an appetizer and then had a thin crust, half-and-half pizza which was (surprisingly) successful at keeping my vegan toppings and cheese completely separate from his non-vegan cheese and toppings. The server told us that if you call ahead, they will make a deep-dish vegan crust for you. Hope to try that sometime! Check out our full review on Indy Vegan Family at: http://bit.ly/15snXpl

Pros: Amazing Vegan Pizza options, great staff, Did I mention Amazing Pizza?
shoppingviv
shoppingviv

Mouth-numbingly best vegan pizza...ever!

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

OMG! I can't believe I hadn't found this place earlier. Call ahead and you can have them make a gluten-free, vegan pizza crust. Once you arrive, you can order your toppings and get a hot, mouth-watering pizza that will knock your socks off! I ordered vegan sausage, onion, green olives and portabella mushroom with vegan cheese. And, BONUS!, there are about 20+ beers on tap with many local brews...just double-check on barnivore.com or something to make sure they're vegan. Love, love, love it! I'll be back!

Pros: vegan-friendly, nice vibe, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of District of Pi Pizzeria: