Serves meat, veg options available. Bar and restaurant, has extensive vegetarian choices including vegan mac 'n cheese, vegan poutine, and vegan chili. Pool tables, jukebox, dartboard, board games. Draft beer. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Candian, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

theamundell
theamundell

Drool Worthy

Posted on 11 / 25 / 2014

Just thinking about the vegan rib sandwich I got here is making my mouth water.

At 10pm on a Friday night it's nice to know Disgraceland has your back with some sloppy amazing pub fare.

Also everything is either vegan or omni, and they are clearly marked :D

Pros: Very Tasty, Clearly Marked Vegan Meals
Cons: Loud
saveur
saveur

Delicious comfort pub-fare

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2014

Tons of vegan or easily veganizable dishes. I had vegan rib dinner and the ribs were delicious. I heard the ribwich sandwich was to-die-for and I can only imagine how awesome it would be with avocado/guac added to it. The popcorn tofu was also stellar. Food came super fast and excellent for bar food. The bar is a dive, very dark and dated and slightly noisy. Board games in the back. We will be back.

Pros: lots of vegan options, delicious
Cons: noisy
veggiewoman
veggiewoman

Solid Vegan Bar Food

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2013

Disgraceland is a bar/restaurant (as opposed to restaurant/bar). It has a hipster meets biker gang vibe.

I went to Disgraceland in December with a group of 12 people for dinner on a Sunday night. In our group there were 2 vegans, 3 vegetarians and the rest were omnivores (some of whom are dating veg*ns and are therefore open to veg food).

In short, we enjoyed this restaurant. There were board games to play while we waited for our food to arrive.
There are many vegan options, and many options are identified as veganizable.

For starters I shared the poutine supreme (which involved perogies). It was very good.

For dinner my husband and I shared 2 entrees. We got the vegan rib-wich because our server told us their ribs are really popular. This dish was really delicious and I definitely recommend it. I had salsa for my side.

The other meal we had was the vegan "butter chicken" burrito. This burrito had mashed potatoes in it, which is not mentioned on the menu. So when we chose mashed potatoes as our side with that entree, our server really should have mentioned this to us. Now, if the mashed potatoes were good I could overlook this issue. But they were not. To be clear, I DO NOT recommend the mashed potatoes. They were cold and flavourless. Several people had mashed potatoes on the side and everyone was disappointed.

The "butter chicken" bites of the burrito were really delicious, but I came across them only twice, maybe three times. The burrito was basically all mashed potatoes inside. So this dish became a bit of a disappointment. I think they should remove mashed potatoes from this burrito altogether and let the "butter chicken" shine through.

Fortunately, these are all easy tweaks for the restaurant to make. And other than the mashed potato omission, we had no complaints about the service.

My final negative review is that there did not seem to be an accessible washroom, and the place is very dark so it would be hard for someone with a visual impairment to see the menu.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Good flavour, Reasonable prices
Cons: Lack of accessibility, Mashed potato issues ;)

laurac0bb
laurac0bb

Great vegan pub food!

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2013

I usually end up dragging my boyfriend or friends to only vegan places because it's so miserable and frustrating trying to order most other places.

However at disgraceland I have a huge selection of vegan options for me, and my boyfriend can finally eat meats and dairy, best of both worlds.

I would also say that this is a great place for anyone thinking of trying vegan or is just curious about vegan food. It's not all just carrots and salad!

Pros: great food, cheap beer, lots of vegan options
Cons: dim lighting
heywood100
heywood100

Great place, good atmosphere

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

A grunge-y bar/restaurant serving low-cost vegan alternatives of some of the meatiest dishes around - beef sandwiches, ribs, chicken, and so on - an excellent place to bring people who normally scoff at veggie food, this should at least convert them to the point of admitting that it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference, taste-wise.

brentonagony
brentonagony

Booze & Food

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2012

If you are vegan and miss eating unhealthy comfort in a bar Disgraceland is the place to be.

Huge variety of burgers & hotdogs to choose from.

Order your fries with a side of gravy.

Ken4057
Ken4057

Great for vegan boozers

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2011

The owner is a vegan himself, and insists that things be either vegan or omni, not vegetarian, so there are tons of vegan items to be had with new ones in development (like vegan ribs which he let us try: deep fried soy burger patty-type strips slathered in BBQ sauce - nothing better with a pint of local beer).

We went here for brunch and dinner and drinks.

The English Breakfast vegan brunch plate was greasy and satisfying, but nothing special. Sadie's Diner has a much better greasy spoon brunch.

Dinner more than made up for brunch. We had the vegan mac n cheese, the vegan caesar salad and the vegan poutine with fried tofu. All were well worth it. The mac n cheese was light and creamy, the vegan caesar had crunchy tempeh croutons and the poutine was an indulgent mess.

It's a grungy bar, by the way, with big tables, exposed brick and a young clientele.

Definitely going back.