Dirty Franks Hot Dog Palace

Serves meat, veg options available. Hot dog eatery. Has a vegetarian/vegan dog which can be used in different flavors. Has vegan buns as well as a lettuce wrap for your hotdog; sides like fried leeks, fries, tater tots, and nachos with Coney sauce can also be made vegan. Nightly changing meal and drink specials. Price: Inexpensive more-less
American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

Ringler
Ringler

dirty franks

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

A quirky hot dog place. There were so many different varieties of hot dog's it was hard to decide which ones to get. Most of the varieties could be done vegan with either a veggie dog or bratwurst. We tried four different kinds and they were all great. There were also some unique sides and drinks including tater totchos and a spicy slushy. There was a huge line and long wait for a table the night we were there but we were able to get our order to go. We would love to go back and try some different dogs!

Pros: Variety of vegan selections, accomodating staff, great food
Cons: no waiting space
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great vegan options, knowledgeable staff

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2013

Everything that's vegan is marked on the menu, and most veg options can be made vegan with a minor alteration. The staff is really knowledgeable, as well, so don't hesitate to ask.

Plan to wait for a table. This place is always packed full.

The vegan hot dogs here are great. Try something new.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Clear markings on menu
Cons: Serves meat
AndreJose
AndreJose

vegan dogs were very tasty!!!

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2012

I ordered vegan carry out this week. The dogs were tasty. I also ordered french fries. We stopped in during lunch rush and the food still came out fast and hot! I'll definitely be going back, maybe to eat in. It's small on the inside but I like the cozy bar feeling.

Pros: good food, fast service, cozy bar atmosphere
Cons: might be too loud for some folks

annfewell
annfewell

Great food! Great choices!

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2012

My son was the one that discovered Dirty Frank's and took me and my husband there. They had their meat choices and I had the tofurkey weiner. I have to admit as a new vegetarian I have not been impressed with the non-meat weiners available, but the tofurkey weiner was delicious! I would definitely go back there for it. I also like the fact that even though they serve meat they also have a lot of real veggie options- not just salad or fries like some restaurants. And they have a great variety of toppings. The staff was warm and friendly too. All in all I would highly recommend this place to carnivores and vegetarians alike!

Pros: good food, friendly atmosphere, good choices
Cons: parking options
AquairyFairy
AquairyFairy

Local Flair

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2011

There's something whimsical about this place. With the bar and the music, a punk vibe, it wouldn't seem like the kind of place that would cater to vegetarians. But they do. They have several types of tofu wieners to choose from (regular, veggie brats, veggie Polish sausage), and a menu full of different topping combos that could go on them. The menu is clearly labelled as to which dishes can be made vegetarian and/or vegan. You can get your veggie dog on a bun, gluten-free wrap, or lettuce wrap, or chopped into a bowl of baked beans or mac and cheese. They also have sides like french fries and onion rings...or steamed brocolli. I would not categorize the food as healthy, but it is on the healthier side of "fast food", and good when you have a craving for that kind of comfort food. Same owners as Betty's in Columbus- these folks spearhead a lot of green business initiatives. My only complaint is that it is a small restaurant/ bar and there is usually a wait, at least when we've gone between the 7pm-9pm hours.

Pros: veggie , fun environment, good value
Cons: definitely not health food, wait to get in, can get noisy

Dear Owner and Manager of Dirty Franks Hot Dog Palace: