CLOSED: Di Shui Fang

Mock Eel rice is recommended. Chinese name: 滴水坊. Address: 苏州市观前街宫巷27号. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Chinese
No.27 Gongxiang, Pingjiang District (Opposite to Church)
Suzhou, China
86-0512-65811216

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Mat
Mat
Mat

Best spaghetti I have ever had

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2010

A solid place and reasonably priced, classy decor with OK service. Highly recommend it.

Opened by Fo Guang Shan Buddhist organization which run many vegetarian eateries and tea houses worldwide. Their eateries are usually within a temple or on temple grounds. This place is just a restaurant as far as I could see. But you could read Buddhist literature and sutras as you sat there.

As I was walking down one of the streets of Su Zhou I had a craving for pasta and i said to myself,'when I get home I am going to cook up some pasta with veg bolognese sauce. When I got to Di Shui Fang I saw that they had spaghetti on the menu and decided to try some, not expecting much I took my 1st fork full and loved it. For me it had a real authentic taste. I ordered another 2 serves as the servings were not huge but my appetite was. I tried some of my friends curry which also tasted beautiful. The complimentary soup and tea was a bit ordinary. The tea my friend and I ordered on both occasions was not as good as I have had at other FGS tea houses that i have been.

Spaghetti was Y10 other mains were about Y10-Y25

Pros: Good food, Good Value
Cons: Tea was ordinary

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Di Shui Fang: