Di Shuei Restaurant

Korean name 적수방, Chinese 滴水坊, address 서울시 중구 장충동 2가 188-6. Offers meals and also sells vegetarian snacks, biscuits, and sweets from Taiwan. Staff speaks Korean and Chinese. Directions: take Metro Line 3 Dongguk Univ Exit 2, walk out straight and you will see a "太極堂" building, go to alley beside it and look for "佛光山寺," and the restaurant is in basement 2. Note that the building does not look like a Buddhist temple, although it does have a temple in basement 1. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, Western
Basement 2, 188-6, Changchung-Dong 2Ga, Chuan-Gu
Seoul, South Korea
02-2276 0993

Open Mon-Sat 11am-8pm, closed Sun.

First Review by ahkow
smithintaiwan
smithintaiwan

Tasty and Cheap

5 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

I was hoping for some Taiwanese food, but on the day we went there was a simple Korean buffet (6000W). The price was great value for tasty and healthy food, and it even included a small coffee. It seems the menu is different every day here and you never know what to expect. If you're planning on going there with more than two people, I'd call ahead to make sure they make enough food! Also, as explained above, it's up the hill of a small alleyway right by exit 2. Although it doesn't really look like a temple or restaurant, they do now have an English sign that says "Tea House."

The Taiwanese Buddhist nuns and their friends were very nice and invited us for a chat after lunch. They teach a variety of courses on Chinese and Buddhism. Just in case anyone is interested, I'll attach the websites:

Chinese: http://web.fgs.org.tw/index.php?ihome=E30201
Korean: http://cafe.naver.com/seoulfgs

Pros: inside a nice temple, cheap, healthy
Cons: in the basement
sirhin
sirhin

AMAZING

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

Living as a mostly-vegetarian in Korea, I know it can be pretty hard to find vegetarian food. It was a great disappointment to me that even the vegetable mandu (dumplings) all contained meat and my city of Daejeon only boasts 2 vegetarian restaurants. On my latest trip to Seoul, I made sure to visit some of these places and the only thing I have to say is that the people there are REALLY nice and they have the plumpest, juiciest, vegetarian mandu (12 for 6,000 won). My friend also ordered their bibimbap for 6,000 won and I had one of their noodle soups for 5,000 won. I would definitely go back again, even though their menu appeared to be predominately drinks.

The no onion and garlic rule is a plus and it was really easy to find. :)

Pros: reasonable prices, friendly, bilingual staff, DELICIOUS mandu
Cons: small, simple menu
ahkow
ahkow

Great people and food

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

This is a Buddhist restaurant founded by Fo Guang Shan temple. We were served by a nun and ordered baked rice and sweet sour noodle soup. Food were nice, but the people were especially nice. Unlike other restaurants in Korea, we could communicate well since they were Taiwanese and spoke Chinese. We also had a chat with a master at the temple office after the meal. Before we left, they were so kind to give us some sushi. We felt so grateful for that.

Pros: Nice staff, Cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Di Shuei Restaurant: