A la carte menu has a wide selection of veggies, tofu, and mock meat dishes; also a buffet bar where food is sold in inexpensive combinations take-out or heated (microwave) for eat-in. Fresh soymilk and tofu made daily. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Take-out

First Review by PsychoKlown
schumacher62
schumacher62

Well known in a crowded neighborhood

3 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2013

Ive been to Di Lac maybe a half a dozen times, and the food and service are slightly different from the usual Vietnamese vegetarian place. there are waiters and maybe 15 tables, not including several huge round family style tables. on my last visit, every single free table was uncleaned and cluttered with dishes. we were seated finally, our table touching another table cluttered with dishes which remained there until well after our meal was served!

service is as expected at a sit-down restaurant, perhaps a bit slower. the waiters and servers are communal so if you need anything you can just flag one down and they will help you out.

the menu is mainly mock meat dishes, but the vegetables always seem to be fresh and seasonal, if overly reliant on red and green bell peppers sometimes. i dont find the food too salty or too sweet, or even too oily, all of which are generally the case at a Vietnamese vegetarian place. lots of hot spicy sambal-chili paste is available at the table.

there is a take out counter just inside the door, and a wall full of literature, cd's and flyers for those who wish to learn more about the particular subject being offered up. i have never tried the take out, but many people do come in and out only for to-go: i presume its very popular at lunch time.

parking is easy, especially in the evening when the other businesses in the mall di lac is located in are closed. im glad it remains viable, its not my favorite in san jose, but i am certainly glad to have it nearby and doing good business

Pros: easy parking, substantial menu choices
Cons: slowish service, tables not cleaned when empty
Chia
Chia

Fair

3 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, so I stopped in on a past trip to the San Francisco Bay Area. Here's my Di Lac Cuisine review.

The restaurant features a buffet with many choices of veggies, stir frys and mock meats, but the dishes are not kept warm, so a microwave is used to heat them up for you. But you can also order a la carte and get hot food.

Pros: spacious, many choices, has brown rice
Cons: average taste
PsychoKlown
PsychoKlown

Excellence!

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2008

This is a great restaurant with a delicious menu and fantastic take out. The fake meat is good enough for those people who aren't vegetarian or beginning.

Me and my girlfriend try to go at least once a month. The sweet and sour soup is delicious. The fake shrimp with sweet and sour sauce is good.

They also have black pearl drinks. I recommend Taro for those who haven't tried.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Portions, Black Pearl Drinks
Cons: Somewhat Hidden

Guest
Guest

Great!

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2006

I went to this restaurant while I was out of town for a family wedding. The choices were good, with many mock meat entrees. I will certainly eat here again when I am back in San Jose.

Pros: Good Service, Clean, Uncrowded.

Dear Owner and Manager of Di Lac Cuisine: