Dhanyam Organic Super Store

Offers 100% organic produce that includes cereals, pulses, nuts, spices, processed foods, baby foods, essential oils, beauty products and more. more-less
24, North Boag Road, T. Nagar
Chennai, India 600017

Open Mon-Sun 9:30am-9:30pm.

First Review by Priya Venkat
Subathra
Subathra

The best organic shop in Chennai

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2011

We are more aware of the potential dangers of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and growth harmones and naturally, we have chosen organic food for our family. We are concerned about what we feed our children especially. Because children generally consume 2 to 4 times more vegetables than grown ups, and so they are exposed to a higher risk. Dhanyam is a good place to shop for organic food stuff. I go there for my monthly groceries as well as everyday vegetables and dairy products. Dhanyam is located in a nice locality--traffic-free roads, lot of parking space, and easily accessible. The store is air-conditioned (thankfully--you know how summer is in chennai) and I always get a warm reception from the store people.

This is not definitely one of those organic shops in chennai where you will have to stand in long queues to even get the sight of organic vegetables (and that too this 'Darshan' is only on weekends) Dhanyam store is a big relief for someone like me who would prefer to shop at my own convenient time, and also in a pleasant atmosphere.
And, I'm also very happy about their recent service---delivering "vegetable baskets" at my doorstep. With this, I don't have to go to their store for my everyday vegetables. I just submitted a list of preferred vegetables, and they deliver it fresh everyday. Initially they did not have a good range of fruits but now they have a good range of fruits which is really a welcome thing this summer---mangoes, watermelons, bananas, papayas, strawberries, chikkus etc. you can find a lot of really good stuff there that is worth the price. Great variety, good customer service; Overall Dhanyam is a fantastic place for organic shoppers.

- Subathra P.

Pros: affordable rates, variety, friendly customer service , parking space!
Suha
Suha

Health Conscious Chennai :)

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2011

I think chennai people are waking up to organic foods: These days I'm seeing a good crowd in many of the organic shops I visited in Chennai. I should say This was not the case a few years ago. It's a good sign that people are becoming aware of the healthy choices available to them. Guess you can no longer dismiss organic food as "only for the trendy" or "for the super rich". Dhanyam organic shop has a good range of organic stuff, definitely worth visiting. They don't have organic vegetables however. The folks at Dhanyam say not to worry for in about a month's time fresh organic vegetables will also be available.
Overall the customer service is good.

Pros: good quality, prompt delivery
Priya Venkat
Priya Venkat

Thank you Dhanyam!

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2011

Dhanyam is a great place for organic food lovers. I have been shopping at Dhanyam Organic Super Store ever since we moved from the U.S. to Chennai. I was infact worried if I would ever find a good organic shop in Chennai. We were more used to the Wholefoods culture in the U.S. and thankfully we found Dhanyam organic super store. I should say at Dhanyam I always found what I wanted.

They have a huge product range and the customer service is excellent. I get prompt door delivery every time I place an order over the phone. The staff at Dhanyam are knowledgeable and very helpful--and patient too, when I ask them one hundred questions about the products :)

The great thing about the store is they have a good range--be it rice, honey or oil. And, what they sell is not too pricy. I could buy rice @ Rs.40 per kg.

I am very pleased with Dhanyam's products and customer service and I would happily recommend to everyone.

Pros: variety + affordability, excellent customer service, great value

Dear Owner and Manager of Dhanyam Organic Super Store: