CLOSED: Dhanyaa

March 2014 report: owner sold business, closed. Mostly vegan, traditional Indian cuisine for takaway. Offers samosa, tofuburger, pakora, halva, non-dairy sweets, chai, lassi, and more. Non-smoking. Also a boutique selling cookbooks, spiritual books, music, videos, especially Amma and Osho. Behind the station, in the pedestrian area of Rue du. Park in the Station underground lot. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Catering

First Review by lausanne_anne
twistoflemon
twistoflemon

Worth going to, but kind of pricey

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

I've had got my lunch here few times and whilst it's good food, it's a bit expensive for what it is. However the food selection is pretty good, with lots to choose from though nearly all of them are kind of spicy.
The man who runs it is really nice, and speaks English for those who find French a struggle. He also sells spirulina and various teas and things.
If you're wondering where to eat your food once you've got it, I recommend the parc de milan, which is about 10 minutes walk away.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good service, Fair amount of choice
Cons: Quite expensive, A bit too spicy
Rawsomelygood
Rawsomelygood

Absolutely Delicious!!!! loved it

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2012

I passed by this cute little Vegetarian Take Away 2 days ago and was greeted by a lovely lady and a lovely man, very friendly and happy to explain in detail what each take away dish was made of.
The price was good for CHF 10.00 I was full and happy but the samosas looked so good so I splashed out and got two samosas as well. There was a whole grain rice option and 6 different vegetable dishes to choose from. My friend tried the Chia seed dessert which was divine also.
There was a range of interesting books on yoga and vegetarian cooking and plenty of different spices and tees.
I was also pleased to find Raw Cacao, Goji Berries, and a range of nuts, Coconut sugar, and Coconut oils and milks...yummy plus all certified organic.
This will definitely be the place for me each time I visit Lausanne.
Would definitely recommend this to any one in Lausanne, people who strive so hard to feed us amazing vegetarian food definitely deserve there business to thrive!!!

Pros: variety, fresh, delicious
Cons: hard to find
jbgranick
jbgranick

Hard to eat here

3 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2009

It is only takeout; there are no seats and no good places nearby to sit outside. To get anything but cold food, one has to order well in advance, we are talking at least a day. The cold, small options have been tasty, but every time we have tried to order hot food, we have not done it early enough.

Pros: close to train, 100% vegetarian
Cons: cold food only, advance notice, no seating
joseporras
joseporras

Lausanne review of Dhanyaa

3 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2009

Friendly service, and happy to find a vegetarian place in Lausanne. Though not a restaurant, the takeout idea is a good one. A bit disapointed however with the servings sizes; rather small for the price :( Also, microwaving the veggies for reheating the food is also not very appetizing due to the fact that microwaves do away with the nutrients in food. From a score of 10 (10 being the best) I rate it a 7.

Pros: Takeout, Proximity, Friendly service
Cons: Microwave , Prices, Portion sizes (small)
richardc
richardc

Great takeaway lunch from Dhanyaa Vegetarian

5 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2008

My sister recommended that I try the Dhanyaa when I first arrived in Lausanne in June 2007. Since then for the last 1.5 years, I have had takeaway lunch from there there between 2-4 days a week, every week! The food is great and healthy and very reasonably priced. Also the Chai tea is excellent.

Pros: Great healthy food, Organic Brown Rice, Many Vegetarian dishes
Cons: Need to have a Dhanyaa in Melbourne!

lausanne_anne
lausanne_anne

Fantastic food, friendly service

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2008

Delicious healthy food always served with a smile by the owner and chef. Good for vegans and vegetarians alike. Dangerously irresistable samosas. Great selection of dishes that seem to change daily, you wont ever get the same meal twice. A real hidden gem in a city not known for vegan eateries. If your French isnt quite up to scratch, the owner will happily switch to English. Located right behind the train station, Dhanyaa is really convenient for travelling vegans and vegetarians too.

Pros: tasty, good portions, healthy
Cons: sometimes they run out of samosas!, food could be hotter (in temperature)

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Dhanyaa: