South Indian vegetarian cuisine. Food is made with little oil. Offers lunch buffet and Sunday brunch. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out
151 W Lincoln Hwy (Whiteland Towne Center)
Exton, Pennsylvania 19341
610-594-9250

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by greggh
veganbunnie
veganbunnie

Worst Restaurant Experience Ever

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

I went there on the weekend during buffet hours. Nothing on the buffet was vegan, because everything was cooked with butter or contained dairy. The waiter told me I could order things from the menu and they would cook them without butter. Then, another man came over (the manager or owner) and gave me a really horrible attitude and questioned why I couldn't eat from the buffet / had to order from the menu. He was clearly angry. This made me feel really uncomfortable, and then it took at least 30 minutes for any of my food to come out. Easily the worse experience ever.

Cons: Everything is cooked with butter., Nothing is vegan unless made to order., The manager or owner had a bad attitude.
veggiegirl65
veggiegirl65

Indian buffet

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2013

I went on a Saturday night so there was no option to order from the menu -- just the buffet. There were 6 vegan items on the buffet. They were friendly and pointed out anything that contained eggs or dairy.

Pros: Inexpensive, Conveniently located
Cons: limited choices
kanojia
kanojia

Fantastic South-Indian Food

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

Amazingly great food, days after days. My favorites are Wade-rasam-sambhar, rave masala dosa, idli with coconut chutney and poori with potato bhazi. I always end up over eating despite good control and will power because food is always fresh.

Pros: Authentic South-Indian VEG Food, Pure Vegetarian , Freshness & Varity

beckypa1
beckypa1

Awesome value!

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2011

My husband and I went there for dinner during the week. We ordered the Samosas ($3) - fried potato and pea wontons. My husband ordered a Dosa (HUGE Indian crepe stuffed with potato and various veggies) and I ordered the Alu with potato and peas. The Dosas are under $6 and come with several sauces ranging from mild to hot. The mild is a yogurt based so we didn't eat it - we are vegan. My Alu came with rice ($8) and I ordered a soup as well ($3).

The menu is easy to read with what is in the dish. We've never had Southern Indian before and were not familiar with a lot of the dishes. We like experiementing so we ordered and tried. Its very inexpensive for everything on the menu. The menu does have items with cheese and milk and egg so you can ask the server if the meal can be made without it.

The server recommended coming back for the weekend or lunch buffet because you can try most things on the menu. $7.95 lunch and $10.95 weekend

Pros: Affordable, Great Location, All Vegetarian/Vegan
Cons: Long wait when busy
laurenn2
laurenn2

Great all-vegetarian indian place in exton!

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2011

I've been here once for the buffet and once to eat off the menu, and both times I was quite pleased! Since I'm vegan, the buffet did have limited options (a handful of things had cheese or cream-based) but there were tons of vegan options as well! Ordering off the menu was great as well, and the staff was very friendly and easily explained things on the menu that we were unclear on!

Pros: good food, friendly staff, byob
pradipd
pradipd

Good Value South Indian

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2010

Devi is not exactly the most authentic South Indian restaurant you will find in the USA, but at least they try. Their idlis and vadas were disappointing, so were the dosas. Nonetheless, they have a nice spread for their buffet lunch over the weekend, and it is very good value.

Pros: Value
Cons: Not authentic
alfaham
alfaham
  • non-vegetarian

Good food

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2008

I am not very fond of south indian food but I throughly enjoyed the food at devi's especially the buffet. The dosa was ok but the rest of the food was good with less oil and masala. i'd recommend it to anyone to try it out though the weekend price is a bit too steep. So try it out on a weekday !!!

Pros: good food, good service, friendly staff
greggh
greggh

pure veg south indian place

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2006

fairly good south indian food. they really make it quite mild, unless you ask for it spicy. sometimes, even "spicy" means mild. luckily i have been enough that i just nod and they bring the hottest dosa they can make. lunch buffet gives you a fresh dosa of your choice with a number of items that rotates. standard is a great idli/sambar, good vada, and usually some kind of pulav. fairly good, not great, slightly better than the fair rating i am giving it. one of the better indian spots in philly.

Pros: good idli/sambar, tasty vada/dosas, decent price(for a city)
Cons: bad tamarind chutney, average coconut chutney

Dear Owner and Manager of Devi: