Der Kleine Zodiac

Located in the city center in an ordinary residential house that has been designed to look like a jungle with green plants and wooden accessories. For the interiors and the menu the owners have chosen zodiacs as a theme. Mostly a take-away place with a few tables and serves primarily pizza, lasagna, pasta. Note: next door is their other restaurant, Zodiac, which is more of a sit-down place. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Pizza, Italian, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Witteringstr. 41
Essen, Germany 45130
0201-770012

Open Mon-Sat 12-10pm, Sun 3-10pm.

• Cash only

First Review by xJediLadyx
Tobias2nd
Tobias2nd

A bit etno but great

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

Nice pizzas, they don't care for a closed and dishlist but pick wild a lot of of different dishes from around the world (India, China, Spanien, Frankreich), everything organic and vegetarian/vegan.
My favorite is the cancer pizza and the samosas, always a favourite place to eat there a month or so. Might be smart to do a reservation.

TheBierschorle
TheBierschorle

harmonious and delicious

5 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

I love visiting the Zodiac (restaurant) and the Small Zodiac (pizza only).
The owner is so friendly and calm, also the rest of the staff.
Most of the dishes can be veganised and its SO delicious.
I also love the atmosphere, it's calm and harmonious, plants everywhere.

Pros: vegan Pizza, calm and friendly staff, easy to get there
Cons: cash only
Sonicai
Sonicai

greatest vegan pizza

3 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2013

We went there yesterday and I couldn't decide which pizza to eat. It all sounded deliciose. I chose the vegan cancer and it was a good choice.

orna
orna

A rare restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

The evening before yesterday we ate in the Zodiac(the restaurant, the small shop is closed)and enjoyed it a lot. The food was very tasty, we are vegan and had some very good options. The atmosphere was very peacefull. Service-perfect The decoration so so special and most beautiful.We enjoyed every minute and will visit again when we go to Essen.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine(all organic), friendly staff
virre
virre

resturant closed, pizza really good

4 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2010

When I went there after a bad map and the head resturant was closed as it was Thursday, but the pizza place had everything possible as vegan and the pizza was awesome. Also the people where nice enough to point out there cola had honey so I probably did not want it.

Pros: vegan friendly, nice personel
Cons: small space

finny
finny

• non-vegetarian

Excellent Food

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2010

I go to Essen every October for business and the first time I ate here several years ago, I got the pizza in the small shop. The next year we ate in the restaurant and the food is fabulous: delicious, tasty and extremely fresh. The owner is Persian and a very nice man. I eat here at least 2x each week I visit. I brought my meat loving German friends and they loved the food as well. One of the best vegetarian restaurants I've eaten at. And the ambience is quaint and warm.

Pros: healthy, excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: none
Pan Tau
Pan Tau

Organic & vegetarian Pizza at its best

5 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2009

"Der kleine Zodiac" is owned and run by the same family(?!) that owns and runs "Der große Zodiac" - 100% vegetarian & organic food! The food is excellent and the service is friendly and helpful.

Pros: Excellent food, Organic, Friendly staff
Cons: Very limited seating
xJediLadyx
xJediLadyx

yummy.

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2009

der kleine zodiac offers yummy pizza at first place. they got a big variiety of sorts and you can mix your own stuff for your pizza.

Pros: *, *

Dear Owner and Manager of Der Kleine Zodiac: