Part of chain of organic supermarkets. Offers a wide range of fresh food and vegetarian and vegan friendly products, vegan pastries, toiletries, cosmetics, clothes. Previously named Biomarkt Maran. more-less
Ottakringer Strasse 186
Vienna, Austria 1160 Wien
+43-1-481888015

Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:30pm, Sat 8:00am-5:00pm

First Review by veganmiam
veganmiam
veganmiam

Best grocery ever in Vienna for a vegan.

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this wonderful and beautiful BioMarkt Maran (about 5-minute walk from Karmelitermarkt a.k.a. Farmer's marketplace, or food markets), which was probably the biggest organic/bio supermarket/grocery I have ever seen or been to in Vienna (Wien). It has a variety of vegan-friendly products, which I enjoyed the most: from vegan gyro meat to bakery goods to mayonnaise. I took some shots of the food I got from there including this unique vegan bakery good we tried (sorta tofu-chocolate mousse on the light crust with few chocolate chips in it with coconut topping. I wish I live in a neighbourhood near Karmelitermarkt, it seemed like a trendier area after all. Although, it is a brief 10-minute bus ride from the area I'm living in.

Pros: Variety of vegan foods, friendly staff, Interesting bakery goods

Dear Owner and Manager of Denn's Biomarkt - Ottakringer Strasse: