Serves meat, veg options available. Menu is mostly vegetarian with vegan options. Daily brunch served until 2pm offering egg and vegan omelettes, granola, oatmeal. Lunch sandwiches, soup, and salads. Dinner main entrees including tofu, tempeh, and seitan dishes Caribbean style. Also vegan muffins, brownies, and cookies. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by Brett
Ryehenn
Ryehenn

Great Caribbean dishes

4 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the great Caribbean dishes offered nightly. Everything on their "vegetarian" menu is actually vegan, including the salad dressing. We had the jerk tofu (beware, it's pretty spicy) and the ital stew (just a tad on the bland side but still tasty). Fast, friendly service and affordable prices will bring us back again next time we're in Davis.

Pros: Tasty, Affordable, Authentic
Cons: Parking
hh
hh

Disappointing

2 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2010

I ordered Ginger Seitan (seitan strips served in a ginger chili sauce with a hint of cinnamon and Caribbean chili spice). I was served seitan and veggies in what tasted like a brutally salty sugar-soy sauce broth with a floating layer of oil. I couldn't eat it.

Most of the seating is outdoors. There are trees that block the afternoon sun, so it wasn't too hot. The vibe of the place was cool.

Staff was helpful in helping us decide what to order. However, this is an omni restaurant that serves some vegetarian and vegan items. The side salad came with a white creamy dressing and the server disappeared before I could ask if it was dairy-based. I gave it to my omni friend.

Based on the other reviews, I'd be willing to try again, perhaps for lunch, but the Ginger Seitan was the second worst meal I've had in a restaurant.

Pros: helpful staff, outdoor seating
Cons: salty
mudswallow
mudswallow

Great Veg'n Hangout

4 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2009

DoV is close to UCD so you have to time your visits, but this is a great little place. It has a little bit of a 1960's feel and plenty of character. They have Wi-Fi, so you can work while your tofu scramble gets cold. They're very cool about letting people hang out & work for quite awhile, unlike certain other downtown establishments which shall remain unnamed.

The food: Others have pretty much described it. You can get a veg'n version of almost everything that they serve - and IME more than half of their customers order veg'n (doubtless due to the lack of reasonable alternatives for veg'ns). I will say that the bulk of the breakfast and lunch food isn't that exciting - I can scramble tofu and make toast at home - but the prices are low and it's nice to go out and work or see friends on a regular basis.

Pros: Friendly, interesting character, Many veg'n alternatives, Friee Wi-fi
Cons: Daytime food uninteresting

faunablues
faunablues

Nice café

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2009

Cute little casual coffee house/restaurant. It feels really homey, and they have a good variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes. The dinner options are about $9 each, but you get a lot of food, and the meal itself is pretty well balanced: cooked greens, sweet potato, grain, and the entrée itself. Some dishes are a little salty for my personal taste, but a lot of things are. You can also get cafe drinks made with soymilk (I like the hot chocolate!), and they usually have a few vegan pastries - brownies, cookies, and muffins when I've been there. Also, you bus your own plates, and they reuse drink sleeves.

Pros: healthy, variety, atmosphere
Cons: salty
Brett
Brett

Pretty good veg*n food, fun place, nice patio.

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2008

This little funky coffee house/cafe is one of the few places in Davis where you can find vegan breakfast options. The Tofu Scramble is good, but my favorite is the tofu breakfast burrito, after breakfast (2pm) they have a good veggie sandwich too. There are a fair number of things on the menu that we haven't tried, but everything we have tried has been good, fresh, and healthy.

They often have live music and events in the evenings, the outdoor patio is nice, and it's a common place for UCD students to hang out and study.

Pros: Tasty vegan options, Fun environment, Funky/hippie vibe
Cons: For some, the Funky/hippie vibe, A little pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Delta Of Venus: