CLOSED: Dellz Deli

Serves meat, veg options available. Small, take-out restaurant with an energetic vibe. Uses fresh veggies - mainly serves wraps and salads. APR 2015 REPORTED THIS OUTLET SHUT. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
1 A Cannon St
Charleston, South Carolina 29401
843-722-5376

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by KK10160
Cherri
Cherri

You Must Stop Here!

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

This place is great! Truly a hole in the wall kind of place, but the food is fabulous! I had The Hummer and my husband had the vegetarian BLT wrap. Both were soooooo good! Be aware that the shop is TINY and there's basically no place to sit. We ended up taking our food to the car and ate, but it was so worth it! Wish I had been in Charleston longer so I could go there again!

Pros: Fabulous food, Great character
Cons: No place to sit
slseaman
slseaman

great little spot!

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

Tiny little shop, not really a dine in type of place, but the food and people are great. Friendly, knowledgeable on vegan needs, and reasonable prices.

Pros: tasty food, knowledgeable, friendly staff
Cons: not an eat in spot
dwdrummond
dwdrummond

Great Place, don't pass it up!

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2013

The staff was awesome and knowledgeable about vegan. The food was delicious and satisfying. The prices good.
While this is not a "pure" healthy veg restaurant (we got fried tortilla chips with our black bean pita wrap) it was and felt like the place to be for what we needed.

Pros: Great food, Great staff, Good prices and atoms
Cons: soy, corn

Nick Kyriazi
Nick Kyriazi

Great food, knowledgeable owner and employees

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2013

After I found Dellz Deli, I went nowhere else. The Bean and Rice Bowl was a dream with my favorite foods: black beans, brown rice, salsa, avocado, sprouts, and vegan cheese (extra). The vegan cheese was intermixed with the rice and beans. It was really good.

I also tried the Hummer (with black bean hummus) and Dellz Jazzy Pizza. They were both great. Dell knows how to combine good food for great taste.

She is planning to open a vegetarian restaurant in the near future which will give me more reason to visit Charleston's historic district.

Pros: Great and great-tasting food, Knowledgeable employees
Cons: Very small dining area
Doggiedoc
Doggiedoc

YUMMY!

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

The food here is delicious, and very vegan friendly. The place has a lot of character, but no real place to sit and eat. It's perfect to get your food here and go have a nice picnic.

vaieen
vaieen

YUM

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2012

I had veggie wraps and they were huge! I thought they were pretty good. My mother enjoyed her wraps as well. They gave me and my mother free tshirts of their restaurant's name on it. I would give it five stars but since its a veg-friendly restaurant..

Pros: cute little restaurant, awesome staffs, casual
KK10160
KK10160

Don't even hesitate- just make sure you go there!!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2012

In our 3 day trip to Charleston, my husband and I (not vegans but like veggie and healthy food options) needed healthy, delicious and plentiful options for our meals. In a short summary- as very picky food conniseurs we have never loved a restaurant or food as much as we loved our meals at Dellz. Don't think twice- I would recommend this place for every meal if I could. Large portions, tons of options and the fantastic value are difficult to find elsewhere. The welcoming, hometown demeanor of Dell and her staff are impossible to find however. They were accommodating, genuinely kind and even willing to make sure my husband and I found a fun place to go out (salsa dancing) in town! Bless this fine establishment. Thank you Dellz!!! Ps. I want to give a perfect score but the Happy cow review system won't let me for some reason... Please note that this is a 5 star review!

Pros: Food, Value, Amazimg staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Dellz Deli: