Delicious Vegetarian Restau...

Winnipeg vegan restaurant serving Chinese food. Relaxed, casual atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian
1467 Pembina Hgwy
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2C5
204-477-1530

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by kale
LynnMurphy
LynnMurphy

love the eggplant in black bean sauce

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2016

I swing by occasionally for an order of eggplant in black bean sauce and an order of brown/white rice. It's incredible and I've never been able to find another place that makes it quite as good. I really crave this from time to time .....and then I'm good for another month or two. :)

Pros: relaxed ambiance, clean, smells delicious
Cons: can't find a second dish that I love her
teresaakf
teresaakf

I see why the name says Delicious!

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2016

I had the special, Fried Tofu and Vegetables over fried rice. So good!

Pros: Tasty food, Lots of choices, Fast Service
eveybee
eveybee

Will be back!

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2015

Really enjoyed the food here! Normally I avoid Asian food because I have a mild soy allergy but the owner was super nice and accommodating. I was super happy to find this place was all vegan and was pleasantly surprised when the food came out. It wasn't your average Americanized Chinese food but it was a yummy mix of vegetables and mushrooms. Will definitely be back for more.

Pros: Completely VEGAN!, Good Prices

Abee_
Abee_

Let down

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2015

My family tried out this place and we were very disappointed. The food did not taste good at all. I've tried other vegan Chinese food which was very delicious however this is not one of them. I decided to try it again after my first experience and it turned out to be worse than the first time. It reminded me of warmed up frozen food and the taste was not good at all it ended up all being wasted. This place seems to have good reviews and that's why I tried it, but after the experiences I've had I won't go back and I don't recommend it!

kkrista
kkrista

Love Delicious!

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2015

One of my favorite places to eat even after all this time. My favorites include spicy fried mushrooms, sweet and sour gluten balls, tofu in peanut sauce, tofu in black bean sauce and spring rolls.

Pros: Consistant food, Location, Fast Service
Cons: Will usually close for a few weeks in th, VISA or cash only (no debit)
T Lacey
T Lacey

Love meat? You'll still love this!

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

The food and service here and absolutely amazing. I took a "meatie" friend here for lunch once, and upon seeing the name of the restaurant, she almost refused to eat there. I promised her if she hated the food, I'd go to BK with her (UGH). Needless to say, I didn't have to. Try it out and I'm sure you'll be glad you did! (Said friend has since taken her family to this restaurant and they've all enjoyed it as well!)

Pros: Delicious Food , Decent Prices , Fast, Friendly Service
Cons: No designated parking lot

One of my favorites

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

Huge amount of selections, reasonable price, huge portions, delicious. Deep fried mushrooms and sweet and sour gluten balls are a couple of my favorites.

Pros: Huge portions, Wide selection, Friendly staff
Cons: Easy to eat too much, Street parking, Somewhat fattening
Maitrea
Maitrea

truly Delicious!

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2012

This is one of my favorites! Try the Spicy eggplant in black bean sauce, deep fried tofu in peanut sauce and wonton soup

Pros: friendly service, cozy atmosphere, good prices
Cons: I always eat too much!
VickySF
VickySF
  • non-vegetarian

Not bad, but I've had better vegan food

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2011

Maybe we didn't make very good choices, but frankly, we found our food a bit bland - and we even took care to order items that sounded like they'd be spicy! We'll try them again someday and see whether we feel differently.

goukanomegami
goukanomegami

sooo good!

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2010

This restaurant lives up to its name! I live in SK, so I don't get to go here very often. Each time, it is worth the drive, even if I have to go all the way across the city. I just wish they would open up a place in my Province!

The wonton soup, hot and sour soup, sweet and sour gluten balls, and fried banana are not to be missed!

Pros: friendly staff, delicious ^_~, good portions
Cons: no parking
nduhamel
nduhamel

Favourite restaurant in Winnipeg

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2010

This is a great restaurant! Spicy mushrooms are a must, as is the eggplant in black bean sauce. Lemongrass tofu is another great one... oh, and the 8 treasures. Mmmmm.

Pros: Great servers, Delicious food, Moderate prices
Cons: Sometimes busy, Food arrives at different times
ambersimon
ambersimon

Wonderful all around

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2009

Delicious Vegetarian is awesome! It is my family's favourite restaurant in Winnipeg . The food, service and prices are all great. Their spicy peanut soup makes a great winter dinner.

Pros: Great food, friendly staff, low prices
Georgette-Winnipeg
Georgette-Winnipeg

THE best Chinese in town

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2009

Even better - its 100% vegan. Even the leftovers smell and taste just as good. Price is great. We had 3 dishes for 2 of us and it cost $26.00 and we had leftovers. We are not interested in faux meat, but you could take a non vegan/vegetarian and I am sure they would not know the difference. Not all the dishes came at once, but it was worth it. Its a shame its about a 30-45min drive for us, but we try to go there or take out 1 or 2 times a month.

Pros: Taste, value, freshness
generalamazo
generalamazo

Delicious is best restaurant in town

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2008

When we moved to Winnipeg a few years ago we were so happy to be introduced to Delicious! One of my favorite restaurant's anywhere, let alone Winnipeg.

Try the Spicy Salty Mushrooms and Deep Fried Tofu with Peanut or Szechwan sauce. It's really not expensive and the portions are huge so you if you can stop yourself there should be lots to take home.

So lucky to have such a great restaurant in Winnipeg!

Pros: Excellent Food, Spicy Salty Mushrooms
dkingdesigndotcom
dkingdesigndotcom

We were in Winnipeg on the LongWeekend(Labour Day)

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2007

So, we didn't get to try this place. We went there twice, different days, different hours: CLOSED. *cries* Anyway, we took pics of their opening hours- for our Across Canada website.
Wished they had posted the CLOSED for Labour Day sign one day earlier (the first time we went there).

Gabe

I'm sure this was done with the best of intentions, but posting reviews for restaurants you haven't actually eaten at defeats the purpose of posting reviews.

kale
kale

reccommended lunches

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2007

good lunches, best bang for your buck.. good location right on main road (pembina highway); too salty so ask for a lower sodium meal if you don't want to be thirsty for the rest of the day; dinner prices a bit high, take-out good though, fast service; friendly, family run

Pros: huge menu, cheap lunches, fast service
Cons: too salty, pricey dinner

Dear Owner and Manager of Delicious Vegetarian Restaurant: