Small food shop located just at the corner of the largest organic farmer's market in Europe. Offers fresh bread and baked goods, a good selection in bulk dry staples. Makes and packages many products including nut butters, juices, tea blends, and flax crackers. more-less
Westerstraat 24 (Prinsengracht, the Jordaan)
Amsterdam, Netherlands 1015MJ
020-3203070

Mon 10:00am-6:30pm, Wed-Fri 10:00am-6:30pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm

First Review by gemmer
Amy1274
Amy1274

Spoiled for choice

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

This is one of the best non-fully-veg health food shops I have ever been in. There are uncountable varieties of beans, nuts, seeds, “superfoods,” coffees, teas and dried fruits sold by weight, as well as pastries and breads made on the premises and a large selection of drinks, oils, spreads, tofu and meat and dairy substitutes. I was a little surprised that the staff member I spoke to did not knowif their own cakes were vegan, but appreciated that they looked it up and showed me which ones I could have in the store recipe book without me having to ask or wait for this. Considering they are competing with a lot of chain stores in the area, the prices are quite reasonable, so I would say that the only downside is that some meat and dairy products are stocked and mixed in amongst the vegetarian and vegan items.

Pros: choice, location, friendly staff
Cons: not fully veg
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Good store with bulk items

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

Great shop with vegan cookies, raw crackers, refrigerated items, bulk section, etc. I intend to shop here *first* when I arrive in Amsterdam next time.

Pros: bulk section
Cons: small store
sglcklch
sglcklch

Great store

5 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2011

Stopped by here when walking around Jordaan. This place was fantastic! Loved the bulk section. They also got a kitchen in the back where they made their soups, all kinds of nut butters and preserves, as well as baked goods. We bought a piece of apple pie and a bag of vegan oat cookies to go. They were delicious!

Pros: bulk section, homemade goodies, location

lfrenze
lfrenze

great place!

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2011

We stopped by here to load up on food supplies for our travels. The place was great because it had lots of organic nuts and foods in bulk, great tasty pastries at the register, and generally everything one would need to be self sufficient in the city. Best place we found for organic, vegetarian, and raw foodists--truly delicious!

Pros: excellent quality, great selection, bulk organic foods
gemmer
gemmer

Delicious Food- AMAZING!

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

This place is fantastic- I visited it about 3 times in less than 48 hours and just loved it! The staff were super helpful and the selection of bulk foods was incredible- so much fair-trade stuff, herbs, granola, nuts, seaweeds... everything!
And they have TONS for raw foodists, too, which I was really happy about =) Delicious savory crackers and nut butters included =)Oh, and raw chocolate and super foods!
Delicious Food is great and I look forward to visiting them again the next time I am in Amsterdam =)

Pros: great raw food selection, kind staff, lots of fair-trade
Cons: a tad pricey, not too much produce

Dear Owner and Manager of Delicious Food: