Cafe providing coffee, tea, veggie sandwiches, bagels, and pastries. Breakfast includes an English muffin with vegan cheese and tempeh bacon. Slow brew coffee option. Casual and artsy with free wi-fi. Reported became all vegan since Apr 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Take-out, Bakery
3827 N Lincoln Ave (North Center area)
Chicago, Illinois 60613
773-697-4857

Mon-Sun 8:00am-7:00pm

First Review by jacksonbliss
cookiem
cookiem

Chill cafe

3 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2010

This place is very laid-back. We tried to go right when breakfast started, but had to wait a little longer than expected. The staff is very laid back, but very nice. In fact, as soon as you walk in, you feel the relaxed vibe: from the stand of current event fliers and periodicals, to the storefront of vegan goods like popcorn and cleaning items, down to the sparsely populated sitting options.

There isn't much of a kitchen, so it's impressive that they have the options that they do have. We had standard fare, coffee, tea and sandwiches. Although the price is steep for the portions, the food is very tasty! Considering the space they have to prepare the food, it's understandable they don't have economies of scale to reduce the price. It is worth it though, especially since so few restaurants w/ vegan options are open for brekkie. However, if you are "starving," ordering one item will likely be insufficient!

There was a regular flow of customers coming in for coffee, which created a neighborhood feel to the cafe.

The desserts were plentiful, albeit not the most perfect or mouth-watering in appearance. The cookies were quite flat, akin to crepes if thinking about pancake comparisons. Though greasy, they were relatively satisfying. The muffins and cupcakes looked sufficient for someone interested in eating a pastry, but on looks alone, I wouldn't be wholly convinced.

I would certainly return here for the vegan brekkie or if in the neighborhood for coffee. Supporting the local veg community is so important!

Pros: relaxed atmosphere, tasty food, vegan
Cons: minimal seating, portion, price
malloneek
malloneek

Not too bad

3 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2010

This is a bit of a hole in the wall, just 6 or so small tables. You order from the counter from a small menu- some sandwiches and a quiche the day I was there. The help wasn't overly friendly nor the place exceptionally clean.
I had a meatloaf sandwich despite not being a meatloaf fan - To my surprise, it was very, very good! The price might have been a little high, but I would go back once just to see what else they had to offer.
I didn't see much for dessert as far as cookies and smores etc that other people mentioned, maybe I didn't look hard enough on the cluttered counter.

Cons: small, cluttered
racqui77
racqui77

ok

2 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2010

I was less than pleased with the service and state of cleanliness of the Delicious Cafe. Staff was on cell phone when I entered and walked away from the counter when I approached. I received very little help with the menu.

JulieV
JulieV

Super Tasty

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

I have been to Delicious Cafe once with a friend. My friend had the peanut butter/banana sandwich, I had the eggless egg salad, both were very good! They also serve delicious coffee and tea. I have bought nut cheeses from here as well as vegan smores and tarts! I highly recommend if you're in the area, check them out!

Pros: good food, wifi, friendly staff
Cons: smallish selection, a little pricey
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Get the Breakfast Sandwich!

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2009

This is my re-review; you can see my prior review down below.

Delicious Cafe has quite the breakfast! If you're not there during their brunch, opt for the Breakfast Sandwich (I got mine on the "everything bagel" instead)! This is by far, the best breakfast sandwich I've ever had. I was impressed with their recreation of an egg on this sandwich (made out of tofu), the nut cheese (vegan) they put on this was quite amazing, and the fake sausage was very good! A bunch of us shared a piece of their coffee flavored cake - it was really good!

Like I said before, the owners are great! They're attentive to customers and are very nice to talk to.

Prior review:
I've only been here once so far and have been very impressed. The owners are *awesome* and they're Vegan. They had plenty of Vegan desserts and some Vegan food (like sandwiches, etc.). They told me they're going to expand their menu and may possibly have a brunch in the future. I had a few things here and I will say I liked their cookies the best. I will update my review after I've been here a few more times.

jacksonbliss
jacksonbliss

Rad Café

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2009

My girlfriend and I found this café after googling "vegan cafés, Chicago" and we loved it from the very beginning. Great 80's music, fantastic cupcakes + sandwiches (with organic veggies + great nut cheeses so you don't OD on soy), tasty green tea, free wifi + a super comfortable vibe--this is the perfect place to kick it, work + be healthy. We'll be back soon.

Pros: Food, Wifi, Baristas
Cons: Too cool of a café to close so early!, Too cool of a café to close so early!, Too cool of a café to close so early!

Dear Owner and Manager of Delicious Cafe: