Offers fast food including burgers, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. All the main entrees are vegan, but cow's milk is offered, so not fully vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Fast food

First Review by beatlebum
wrathofmanatee
wrathofmanatee

epic desserts

4 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2014

If you like vegan cheesecakes, definitely go here. I've been a couple of times & have tried or seen red currant baked cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake, Oreo cheesecake, speculoos cheesecake, all 3€ or less. Burgers are decent & cheap too, prepare to be fat! Vegan iced coffee is also good.
Updated from previous review on Friday May 09, 2014

Pros: desserts, well priced
anka_gollas
anka_gollas

nice but nothing for me

2 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2014

ive visited leipzig and looked for nice vegan places to eat - deli is a nice small place with friendly staff. the offer mainly burgers and some desserts but unfortunately they didnt have any gluten free option so i couldnt have anything. what was weird - they call themselves vegan yet have a cow milk option for a coffee and a cheese sause..
all in all i guess theres still no big "movement" of gluten free options in germany.

Pros: nice interior, friendly staff
Cons: small place, not vegan, no gluten free options
Johas
Johas

Small but good

4 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2013

Deli for sure isn't the place you'd visit for having a candle light dinner, but they serve a variety of quick and good fast-food-style dishes. I had the Tempeh Burger which wasn't exactly mind-blowing, but that's probably because I noticed that I am not a big Tempeh fan. My friend ordered a Naan sandwich stuffed with beans and tofu, and he was very satisfied (even though he's rather sceptical about vegan food). I guess I should have taken the Naan sandwich, too.
The fries were really good, crispy and not too much fat. My advice: try the spicy sauce with your fries if you want something extraordinary! It tasted exactly like bacon chips. (I hope it was vegan, though...)

Pros: Good menu with many options, Tempeh, tofu, seitan, soy steak availabl, Awesome sauces
Cons: Small and sometimes hard to find a seat, Probably not very healthy food... ;)
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great food, quick service, quite small

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2012

I stumbled across this place with a sign saying 'veganer', so I went in. Most or all of the food items are vegan, but they have milk options at the coffee bar. I didn't look at the desserts, so I'm not sure.

I had the seitan burger (which was quite big!), fries with peanut sauce and a cola for about 7€, and I was definitely full. The burger was really good and offered something different than what you typically get from veg fast food places, so I liked that.

There is enough seating for 8-10 people inside, but many people were getting take-away. I was in and out in 5 minutes, so if you're in a hurry, this is a great place to grab food on the way.

Pros: Cheap, Fast, Clean
Cons: Limited seating
wildfang
wildfang

Decent fast food

3 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2012

We just quickly went here to eat something so we wouldn't end up spending too much money at Zest afterwards. We tried two different sorts of sandwiches which came with tasty sauce and were alright for a snack but nothing special - fast food. We did really smell of hot fat afterwards, though... And there was hardly any space at all - we all had to squeeze together on one of these high and uncomfortable benches. The prices were alright.

captain_sensible
captain_sensible

Sensational veggie burgers.

5 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2011

Until my visit to Deli last week (while playing Leipzig Goth Fest) the best veggie burger I'd ever had was at a beachside cafe in Perth, Australia that I've forgotten the name of.

Deli do one thing - veggie burgers. And they are SENSATIONAL!

Pros: Delicious, Friendly
Manollo
Manollo

It's ok

2 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2011

I was there about 4-5 times now and tried different things, mostly burgers. But start at the beginning: everytime I entered the place it smelled like hell like overheated fat, this strong smell, you know? After 1 minute in the place all your clothes smell like this, that's not a nice first impression but if the food is good....

It's not that I expect a super luxus service in such a place but friendly people at the desk would be nice. That never happened exept 1 time.

The food itself: Well, it's a normal takeaway in the end, a lot of salt and fat, mayonaise and so. The burger bread is very good but for the price (wich was raised a while ago) there could be a bit more content, salad, soy-steak or whatever you choose.

I am happy that the place is there but it needs some improvement I think.

IdanHaVegana
IdanHaVegana

Nice place, but food needs improvement

2 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2011

While I really like the alternative atmosphere of the place,I did not enjoy the food itself.

I've ordered a soy steak plate, which if I recall correctly was around 5 euros. It came with a bit of salad(which I have to admit was quite good), lots and lots of fried potatoes, which were not of good quality and had tons of salts, Cabbage in Vegmayo, which was nice but a bit salty, tried tomato sauce, also with too much salt, and 4 small pieces of deep fried and salty textured soy.

For this specific item, I think there should be less fried, less oil, less oil, and more soy steak, as it really felt I ordered fried potatoes as the main dish...

Pros: Good Location, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Food needs improvements
beatlebum
beatlebum

Nothing Special, and NOT all vegan!

2 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2011

We were very hungry when we got to Deli, so it was unfortunate that the tiny place was so packed that one could barely move inside. There was seating for about 10-12 people, depending on how many people you were willing to squeeze in next to on the benches. We didn't know what to do at first because all of the seats were taken and we didn't want to eat standing outside in the cold, but luckily some people got up to leave and we jumped upon the seats they left.

There was one woman at the register, taking orders, giving people their food, and sometimes disappearing into the back to help get the food out. It was unbelievably understaffed for a weekend night at dinnertime.

While we were waiting, I noticed that the drinks menu stated that all drinks could be made with either soy or COW's milk! What is a supposedly vegan restaurant doing serving cow's milk?! That was somewhat infuriating because it is just so unnecessary and cruel and not vegan at all.

I ordered fries with ketchup and a tempeh burger with dijonnaise and some african hot sauce on the side. The fries were nicely seasoned but they were not the nice homemade fries I'm used to at Yoyo and Vego Foodworld in Berlin. The tempeh in my burger was way over marinated and too salty to finish, but the overall flavor was good. My boyfriend ordered the chili, which had some nice herbs in it that gave it an interesting flavor and made it quite yummy, and "The Deli" sandwich, which was a huge disappointment. It was just a boring hummus sandwich that anyone could make at home.

We got filled up and got the hell out of there. Some of the food was good, some not so good, but the overall experience was pretty bad. And they really need to take the cow milk off the menu.

Pros: hmmm
Cons: cramped seating, under staffed, average food

Dear Owner and Manager of Deli: