Deli Jasmin - Llama de Fuego

Serves meat, veg options available. Small place decorated with plants. Small healthy menu, with most breakfast options that use eggs can be served with scrambled tofu instead. Also salads with sprouting seeds, a couple of main courses with option of tofu or tempeh, has brown rice, fresh juices, and smoothies. No smoking. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Guatemalan, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

Tranaya
Tranaya

My go-to restaurant in Panajachel

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

The Deli was the first restaurant I went to in Panajachel on my first trip here in 2009. I've been back dozens of times. Both locations are nice--the upper deli (Fuego) for people-watching and the lower deli (Jasmin) for a garden setting.

They have a good selection of tasty vegan dishes. My favorites are the vegetable curry with brown rice and the soba noodles with vegetables and sesame. You can't beat the price of the curry special--Q35 for a big plate. They have a number of vegan sandwiches, including avocado, hummus, tofu, and tempeh.

There's something for everyone at breakfast. The Mexican potatoes are outstanding. The Deli Special with tofu is my usual choice--tofu with tomato and onion served with a generous helping of potatoes. I ask for tortillas instead of bread.

I've had people tell me they tried to go to the Deli but they were closed. Each location is closed one day a week. If one is closed, you can go to the other one.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Nice people
Cons: Service is sometimes slow
duende
duende

Excellent stir fries

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2011

The Deli is well known through out the community where you can get good food at a good price. As a vegan I can enjoy a curry and veggie dish as well as the veggie and peanut sauce. Vegetarians can eat here quite happily. I'd give the Deli 5 cows for these dishes but I'm limited to 4 cows since they are rated veggie friendly

Pros: tastey, clean, friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Deli Jasmin - Llama de Fuego: