Vegetarian Indian street food restaurant opened in Mar 2011. Cooks food with olive oil and for frying sunflower oil. Uses fresh spices. Vegan and gluten-free items are marked on the menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out
12 Moore Street (Henry St)
Dublin, Ireland Dublin 1
+353-18729129

Open Mon-Sat 11am-8pm, Sun 12-8pm.

• Cash only

First Review by foodie2011
EmmaPatterson
EmmaPatterson

Yummie

5 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2014

Good service and very nice food. Completely vegetarian and a lot of vegan dishes too.

Pros: Close to centre, Healthy, Good value
Cons: Cheap interieur
Tiggy
Tiggy

Fine

3 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

We stopped here for an early dinner before the cinema, as my friend who lived in Dublin knew it to be a decent place. It was a bit cluttered and I had to negotiate my way around the occupied tables to get to my seat. My friend and my partner both ordered from the budget buffet, which looked like fairly good value since you could fill your plate with food for five euros. As the only dish that appealed to me in the buffet turned out to be non-vegan, I ordered the Kofta Curry from the menu (on which vegan options were clearly marked) with steamed rice and a parantha. The food was perfectly fine if not amazing and the staff member I spoke to was helpful. I think I'd like to give this place another go to try some other dishes.

Pros: Cheap buffet
Cons: Cluttered seating space
craigmc
craigmc

cheap eats

3 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

fairly central location and i visited at the weekend so there was a market on in the street. in an area with plenty of asian supermarkets and ethnic eateries.

i arrived as 7pm and there was only a couple of people in eating. there was a buffet with 2 daals and four curries and prices at 6 euros for a plate, so cheap.

i have to say a it was late in the day, the curries looked and were a bit dry but both daals were awesome, really tasty. i ordered a naan a well and this was as garlicky as i could wish, really tasty.

i would recommend, especially for lunch, as it really is a bargain in dublin.

Pros: great value, nice people, tasty
Cons: buffet a bit dry in afternoon.

StephenEamonn
StephenEamonn

Authentic and inexpensive!

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

This was a nice little surprise that one of my vegan friends introduced me to. Far from your typical Indian restaurant, this one actually offers genuine authentic Indian food, including many great examples of street food which you won't find on most other menus!
It is quite cheap and there's no meat to be found anywhere! Definitely worth a visit if you're around the North city centre and feeling peckish.

Pros: Interesting menu, Inexpensive
Cons: Bollywood films on show, not my thing!, Often busy
mblz
mblz

A lot better than it looks from the outside!

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2013

We almost didn't find this small place when we were in Dublin. It looks relatively small and simple from the outside, but the food is really good! We went there several times.

The service was (mostly) very friendly and helpful. The "buffet" is not labeled so you will have to ask for help if you're vegan. I ate from the buffet twice and both times 4 out of 5 dishes were vegan. For 5,99 you can have one single plate but you may litteraly put as much food on it as you can. You are not allowed to share with someone, but if you can't finish your plate you can get an extra container to take the leftovers home - just ask!

A very nice but small place, hidden in the very center of the city.

Pros: inexpensive, great buffet-option!, friendly staff
itsmeagain
itsmeagain

variable service

2 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

We went here twice very recently, first on Thursday May 9th. Service was poor, ther woman was harsh, irritable and grumpy, rudely telling us "it`s a plate, not a buffet" and offering no help at all, even though all the buffet items were unlabelled and we had no clue at all what a strange yellow looking dish actually was. Children ran unchecked around a very noiosy little cafe, we ate the non too inspiring "plates"and left.
Two days later we tried again as there was nowhere else nearby and we had better service, I had a kofta curry, Ana had a paneer dosa, very tasty but very small curry I must say. Service much improved second time. Overall it is just so so.

Pros: vegan dishes, fairly priced
Cons: service, food is uninspiring, small portions
susieveg
susieveg

Great Place

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2013

More like a cantine than a restaurant but the food is very authentic. Very tasty and cheap
Updated from previous review on Friday April 26, 2013

Stevie
Stevie

Delhi O'Deli, Dublin

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

I ate here on Saturday afternoon. Its a cheap and cheerful joint with a menu that has very reasonable prices for Dublin. Vegan and gluten free items are clearly marked on the menu.

Star attraction has to be the buffet for 5.99. Its one visit to the buffet only but that should be plenty to stock up with. There's a choice of 5 dishes all of which were vegan when I went and 2 rice dishes.

The lady who server me was very helpful. The restaurant makes no attempt to be swanky and instead just focuses at providing tasty, authentic Indian veg*n at value for money prices.

The location is very central. Moore St is 1 street parallel to O'Connell. The restaurant is near the main GPO on O'Connell St.

It seems pretty popular. I was there at 2.30 in the afternoon and it was 3/4 full. There were numerous Indian people among the clientelle supporting the notion that the food is the real deal. It also seems to be popular with tourists as there was a table of Americans in also. The long opening hours also help.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Inexpensive, tasty
Veirs
Veirs

AMAZING

5 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

This place is a hidden GEM! Everything is vegetarian with loads of really unique vegan options. It's authentic Indian street food and is deliciousness. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The whole dining experience is a pleasure. The other day I got a 3 course meal for €8, it doesn't get better than that.

Pros: cheap, yummy, friendly
goveganireland
goveganireland

Delhicious

4 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2012

I'd be delighted if I could dine daily at Delhi O'Deli. The staff are pleasant, the vegan food is delicious and it's centrally located on the famous Moore Street (off Henry St and just a few minutes walk from O'Connell Street/The Spire/Ha'Penny Bridge, etc). 100% Vegetarian with vegan options and gluten free options clearly marked on the menu.

Pros: Pleasant Staff, Great City-Centre Location, Vegan options
Cons: Only 1 vegan dessert option on menu
KidA
KidA

Highly recommended, loved the food and value!

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

Myself and my girlfriend went here recently and absolutely loved it, the food was very tasty and really good value. We shared a starter of Onion Bhaji, and for a main course I had the Samosa Burger & Chips and my girlfriend had the Paneer Kebab. The decor is cheap and cheerful, more of a cafe feel than a restaurant, but you feel right at home. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food arrived quickly. The house sauces/chutneys which were served with everything were delicious. Including a drink, it came to €8.50 each which is great value and a breath of fresh air for Dublin, we left full and satisfied. Well done Delhi O'Deli, thank you and keep up the good work!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Nice, informal atmosphere
caperucitaverde
caperucitaverde

good value but too spicy for me

4 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2011

I have been at this restaurant a couple of times. The staff has always been helpful, and, as a vegan with many questions that is always appreciated. The food quality is great and the buffet food is lovely.
The only problem that I have (and what has prevented me from going back) is how spicy the food is. Maybe I am not strong enough, and this is the real, authentic Indian food. But for me it's just too spicy and I cannot really feel the taste after a while. It would be great if the food in the buffet (and in general) could be a bit less spicy. Maybe hot sauces could be offered for those who like the food really spicy? Or maybe there could be just a bit of less-spicy food for weak people like me :)
However, because the food is fresh, clean and well priced and this family-owned business is honest and great, I am leaving a good rating anyway. Just make sure you can deal with really spicy food. I won't be able to go there anymore unless they have less spicy food available (That would be great!). But again, that's just me.

Pros: Excellent value, Fresh food
Cons: Way too spicy for my taste
andrea
andrea

Amazing Value

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

We finally got here on our last night in Ireland. What a great find. Probably the only bargain we found in the whole country. My husband filled his plate for EU5, all but two items on the buffet were vegan. I tasted each thing (not cheating, the two adorable girls who worked there said it was fine!) and all were really tasty and not at all greasy.

I ordered a Chole dish, the chickpeas were really soft as they should be. The two pieces of poori were awesome and fresh. It was more spicy than I'd like, but my husband loved it. All for 4.45. Disagree with the guy who says spend a few more and go to Govinda, I thought the food here was better, and with more vegan options.

Friendly atmosphere, and lots of Indians eating here, so you know it's good.

Pros: Yummy food, Not greasy, Great prices and staff
davecorcra
davecorcra

Very affordable but limited

3 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

A fiver for a big plate of food will suit those who like it hot and no-frills (just help yourself from the curries, dhals and rice on offer; a notice asks that you stick to five servings, i.e. five spoonfuls overall with the 'Daily Fiver'). There's no faulting the value, but if you're looking for food with flavour moreso than heat this may not be your ideal choice - if you can afford a couple of extra quid, heading for Govinda's on Middle Abbey Street might suit better. That said, it's good to see a new veggie restaurant on this bustling street and it's sure to get good support.

Pros: Inexpensive, Good portions, Good location
Cons: Very basic - pretty much pulses and rice, Not especially healthy
Strepsum
Strepsum

Good spot

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2011

The deal for a fiver was great value for lunch. Food was good. staff were lovely - all good but it was uncomfortably warm but I'll definitely be back and I see myself becoming a regular. All vegetarian of course.

Pros: Great price, Good food, Friendly staff
Cons: Very warm when I was there
singaram
singaram

Class outlet

5 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2011

Been to the place today.They had a full vegetarian buffet for just €5.The price is a steal.The quality of food was great.I would consider going to this place for lunch regularly.They should do a take away service was office goers.

They have not marketted themselves enough.Olive oil for cooking;Sun flower oil for deep frying etc.The samosas are freshly made - real authentic. Unlike traditional indian restaurants,the food here had no grease.

Pros: quality, quantity, price
foodie2011
foodie2011

Needs improvement

2 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2011

Visited the restaurant this evening. Pleasant interiors and warm reception. However, the staff need to work on improving the quality of their food. Their food may be good after all but the food we ordered wasn't up to the mark by my standards. We had ordered their Papri Chat, Samosa with chole and Kachori Aloo along with two glasses of sweet lassi.
The presentation of the Papri Chat was left much to be desired. The 'papri' was very hard and had to be literally chewed. The potato in the samosa had a slimy texture, quite unheard of anywhere. Portions of the kachori was undercooked. When I thought the lassi may be a consolation, I was mistaken. It had a watery consistency.
The restaurant may please consider working on their food quality. Better food would make a visit to Delhi O'Deli truly memorable.

Pros: Good decor, Warm service, Great variety in the menu
Cons: Average quality of food
  • delhiodeli delhiodeli

Thanks for the detailed feedback and apologies for your food experience with us. This is a family owned restaurants, opened as a hobby and none of us are from food trade. We are currently facing some difficulties to make this kind of food in Ireland because we don't get proper ingredients here. Probably, this is why no one ever tried to open something like this in Ireland. Although, since your visit we have overcome loads of issues and have improved our food quality, and will continue to do so. We have 80% satisfactory customers and aiming to have this number up to 95% by the end of the year. Please try us again and you will see some improvements. Kind regards, Delhi O'Deli Management

Dear Owner and Manager of Delhi O'Deli: