Serves meat, veg options available. Deli and take-out Indian dishes including many veggie options. Has a few small tables for seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg
7406 W Central Ave (McCord)
Toledo, Ohio 43617

Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm

First Review by kindlizard

Take out for convenience

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2012

I sometimes take out vegetarian plate from this grocery store. I have to say that although the subjis (vegetable preparations) are tasty, I felt the plate was a little overpriced $8 for 2 small servings of subji, plus rice and one thin chapati. I remembered thinking after that I should've just taken subji by the pound ($6.99) and made rice at home! All in all it's convenient, and you can also do grocery shopping at the same time. They often run specials with Groupon and Living Social, which can be used for both food and groceries....normall they are half price ($5 for $10 of goods etc.) Their Ras Malai is MMMM good, but of course I am a Ras Malai addict. They also have recently added some tables so you can eat there, but personally I don't like eating in an Indian grocery store, so I always take home. Their Sambar is good, but I thought the Idli were a little dry and the coconut chutney needed some amchoor and chili or was a little plain for my taste.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 15, 2012

Pros: Convenient, good selection, coupons!
Cons: no atmosphere

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2011

Very good Indian food. Staff was very helpful in letting us know what was vegan and what was not. They use olive oil in most their cooking instead of ghee.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, healthy cuisine
Cons: more of a deli than sit down restaurant

worked in a pinch

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2008

The use separate prep techniques for the vegan than the meat, helpful.
It was good, not great nor terrible. They were very nice. Also a market, but they have tables to sit. Passing through? a solid place.

Pros: Staff, prep not w meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Deepam India: