De Siam Thai Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Has a separate vegetarian menu. Many regular menu items can be made vegan or vegetarian on request. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Thai, Non-veg
75 Consumers Drive
Whitby, Ontario
905-668-1967

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by vgXhc
JazzyCow
JazzyCow

Flavourful and Vegan Friendly

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

I always loved coming to Desiam in my pre-vegan days, and I still loving going there now, as a vegan! They have a vegetarian menu and they are very accommodating when it comes to vegan cuisine. They don't use fish sauce in the vegetarian items -- you can ask just in case -- and you can easily order their vegetable pad Thai without the eggs. I definitely recommend that, as well as their vegetable curries (the emerald curry delight is great, but spicy). Love their coconut sticky rice, and as for appetizers, the spring rolls and fried tofu are great options. Definitely a great place to go near to home (and near to the movies :))!

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Very Friendly Staff, Delicious Food
Cons: Not Exclusively Vegetarian/Vegan, A Bit Salty/Fatty, But Not All Dishes
Lindzriot
Lindzriot

Best Vegan Thai in town

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2015

Absolutely adore this place! Amazing vegan curry and they also have dairy free ice cream options!

Pros: good curry, vegan ice cream
vgXhc
vgXhc

Good Thai food - no fish sauce

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2012

I got take-out at De Siam on my bike trip from Montreal to Toronto, I.e. I was really hungry. There were plenty of vegan options, and apparently (I asked, just to be sure) they're not using fish sauce in any of them. Massamam curry with tofu and veggies is what I had and it tasted great. The portion size was big but not huge. Prices are moderate. I'd definitely eat there again.

Pros: No fish sauce in vegetarian items, Good portion sizes, Tasty
Cons: Not super-cheap (but not expensive either)

Dear Owner and Manager of De Siam Thai Restaurant: