Serves meat, veg options available. Pancake restaurant with vegan soy pancake choices. Located next to the water. Dine inside or outside. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

JaxB
  • non-vegetarian

Don't waste your money

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2015

We love pancakes, so reading there was a place serving vegan ones; we had to try. Unfortunately the pancakes were totally bland. I didn't got what I had ordered but at that point the waitress had already been to the kitchen reluctantly checking if they could make their salad with oil and vinegar; but no; the dressing is not vegan and therefore you can't have the salad. So pancakes only; fine, I thought. But it tasted like the chef cared as much as the waitress: not at all! I didn't even eat half of mine and even my everything-vegan-eating husband didn't care to finish it. Don't waste your money. As a side note: Utrecht was really hard for vegan food, go to Amsterdam instead :-)

georgebarnett
georgebarnett

lifeless pancakes

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2015

Pancakes were pretty lifeless and lacked flavour and texture.

v_mdj
v_mdj

tasteless

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2015

I was very pleased to find a pancakerestaurant that serves vegan pancakes. Vegan is explicitly named as option on the menu, they know what it means. I choosed a version with tomatoes, mushrooms and onions and was very disappointed. The pancake was not bad but it was completely tasteless. We suggested to add salt and sundried tomatoes for vegans to it next time.
I think that if you choose a sweet version the taste will be much better because you can add syrop to it. I strongly advise every vegan to take a sweet pancake!
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 20, 2015

Pros: nice accomodation
Cons: tasteless

CJBurgemeester
CJBurgemeester

vegan pancakes

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

This restaurant has vegan pancakes available. You need to ask for it, as it's not on their menu. In the center of Utrecht, near the water, this is a very nice place to go.

Because of your special request, keep in mind that your order will take a little longer than the regular pancakes. Just enjoy the view of the boats sailing by.

Pros: customer friendly, multiple vegan options available
Cons: preparation time little longer

Dear Owner and Manager of De Oude Muntkelder: