Offers changing seasonal menus. Trendy, minimal design. Kitchen closes 21.30, closed Sun-Mon. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, International, European, Gourmet, Beer/Wine

First Review by Radio_Caroline
Gudrun
Gudrun

Excellent indeed!

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

I believe "excellent" is the right description for his place. Professional and friendly service and wonderful food, also for vegans. Indeed a bit pricey, but it's worth it! 5 cows!

Pros: Great food, Good choices also for vegans, Friendly + professional staff
mut1977
mut1977

Excellent quality food & hospitality

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

This restaurant is definitely worth visiting the city of Amersfoort for! Cute restaurant on the outside, modern design on the inside (outside seating available as well). Amazing food, both from the changing (season) 3- or 4 course menu, as well from the fixed menu. High quality vegetarian dining, with lot of vegan options. Local and homemade. The staff was very nice to us, informing us thoroughly, but also chatting informal with us. I felt very welcome and will definitely go back!

Pros: Staff, Food, Homemade food
Alynda
Alynda

Nice restaurant for special occasions

3 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

Had a 3-course meal here on Valentine's Day. They had a nice Valentine's Day special, but we chose vegan items of their regular menu. Tasted great. The staff is not that quick (the restaurant was completely full though), but they are really friendly. The portions are on the small side, but not extremely small.

Pros: nice food, they use a variety of vegetables, nice interior
Cons: pricey, not so many vegan options, prepare to wait a while

PsychoVH
PsychoVH

Always excellent!

5 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

We have been here at least ten times so far in the last couple of years and it's always a treat! The menu changes every season and there are always surprising meals with combinations of ingredients you would never think of yourself.
Nice fresh juices of the day, friendly staff and if the weather is good you can sit outside.
Atmosphere might be called cold, but I prefer to call it stylish.
Absolutly fabulous food!

And on a personal note, I love the peanutsoup!

Pros: excellent food, surprising combinations, friendly staff
borkdude
borkdude

peanut soup air spoiled my evening

2 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

As I am suffering from a peanut allergy and peanut soup happened to be the main soup the particular evening I was there, I didn't really enjoy my stay, because of allergic urges in the peanutty air. Also this restaurant is too stylish/cold and expensive for my taste. My wife did enjoy her food, but also didn't like the "cold" atmosphere. The portions are not that large. These are just personal considerations. If you like a stylish, more expensive vegetarian restaurant, this is probably a good choice for you. I hope Amersfoort will have some more vegetarian restaurants, since this is the only one yet in this city and I will probably not visit there again.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 28, 2012

Pros: food quality is good
Cons: peanut soup, allergy warning!, cold atmosphere, small portions/expensive
Johnny
Johnny

Eating at the Eetstee November 2011

4 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2011

Nice large restaurant situated in the centre of Amersfoort. Friendly, informative staff. Food was tasty with plenty of choice. Polenta based pie was fantastic. Peanutsoup very delicately spiced.
Dishes artistically presented in fancy style. Fair choice for Vegans.

Pros: Good food, Vegan Friendly, Fair price
Radio_Caroline
Radio_Caroline
  • non-vegetarian

Vegetarian feast just around the corner!

4 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2009

As this is the only all vegetarian restaurant in AAmersfoort, and just around the corner from where I live, this is a favourite.
Not the expected decor for a vegetarian restaurant with it's modern, chrome and minimalistic interior, but I consider that a good thing. I've been here twice now, last time (feb 24th) to celebrate our birthdays. The staff is always very friendly and very professional. The amuses are very surprising and the other dishes are great. It might be a little pricy, but it well worth it. I recommended it to my non-vegetarian boss, and she was very enthousiastic about it. Plenty of different dishes, from Asian to Swiss spƤtzli.
The menu always include some vegan meals and changes every three months. I like this concept because this means you have seasonal products, which I think represent the local produce as most products served here are organic.
Before the spring menu is replaced by the summer menu on June 21th, I will surely visit again.

Pros: Beautiful and delicious food, Friendly staff and service, Good atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of De Eetstee: